Lowest ever score

Wolf

Visit site
Shot a gross 65 round Gillingham Par 69 at the time. 67 at Deangate Par 71 in Medway Open. Shot consecutive rounds of 66 at West Malling on Hurricane and Spitfire courses on the same day in Junior open and still lost ?. All my best rounds were when I was a younger decent low cat 1 golfer before i had kids and joined the military..

Best round at my current course - 2 gross 70, par 72 but was a bounce game so wasn't even important.

sunshine

Visit site
Once shot a gross 35 (37 under par) at Pyongyang GC. Round of my life, holing them from everywhere, and I was sitting pretty at the top of the leaderboard until some bandit carded a 34. I'm sure I saw one of his bodyguards improving his lie in the rough.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mine was gross 76 playing of 9 many years ago, but watched my mate score a gross 70 playing of 13 {yellow tees } at Carluke GC and he only used a 3 iron from the tee :eek:.

Visit site
2 68's and 69. All 3 off white tees. I did stand 6 under off yellows in a winter qualifier after 10 once, then had a stupid thought on 11th tee and my arse fell out, shot level par ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My best is 81, which I've done twice. I did shoot an 80 at my home course, but there was a lot of bridge construction work going on so the course was WAY shorter, we worked out about 700 odd yards shorter in total, including one par 4 which became an 80 yard par 3 - so I don't count the 80 as my best. Goal for this year is to break 80 and shoot in the 70s of course.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shot back to back 68 s at Lee Park to win the Captains prize.
Was over two Sundays.
We experimented with starting on the fourth tee so the finish was in front of the clubhouse and worked great for me.
Best at Grange is 69 but much tougher course.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’ve done three under round of 24 at the Lakes 9 hole par 3.

It felt easy that day and could have been 22 and two of the birdie putts lipped out and stopped on the edge. Course record is 22.

I never had a par putt over a couple of feet that day.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
My lowest is -2 gross. That literally comprised of 16 pars and 2 birdies. My problem is mentality if i'm solid and consistent I seem to be a par machine with the odd birdie and the putter rarely seems hot outside of 6-8 foot.

If i'm scrappy and throw in a few bogies I seem to birdie many more holes and I seem to get the good breaks with monster putts, hole outs etc. One day I'll be solid, consistent and everything will click and the putter wont miss, but it feels like it may never happen.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
65 in a competition against a par of 70. In a swindle I had a 66 against a par of 70 which was my first ever round without any dropped shots, 4 birdies and 14 pars. Sadly I think that those types of days may be gone.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My pro thinks I should be able to get it round in level gross with my game - and he is convinced I can do that this year. Well he has to help me stop sha**ing it - and learn how to make the most of the new irons he thinks I need and will sell me...aaah...?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
79 in a comp.
Best non comp is 76 round the Old Course in the company of happyhacker of this parish and a couple of lovely lads up for the day. Ironically, everything else about the round was so enjoyable that I never really thought about the score...

D

Deleted member 21258

In social play with friends, shot under par(1 or 2 under, cant remember), about 15 years agos on the Upper Course at Hainault forest.

Standing on the 17th and 18th tees, with those holes left to play and I was just thinking I need some luck here to get home under(both over 400 yards and low stroke indexes iirc).

Best comp score is a 75(4 over)

Wolf

Visit site
I've never broken par in a competition. Best I have been has been a level 68 round Millport!

I clearly don't hit the ball long enough though.
All my low rounds when I was younger came through what I'd liken to LPGA golf, short, straight and good putting, i was never blessed with distance but had radar like accuracy and a good wedge game.. Now im older and longer I can't find a sodding fairway and wedge game saves me from cricket scores ?. What id give to have my short but very usable 19 year old golf game back. But we know the forum only cares if you can hit your 7 iron 210 yards because that's what good players do right ??‍♂️