Your golfing bucket list

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Curious as to why so many people are saying 'play Augusta'.

I know it's a bucket list, but it's not a fantasy list and surely should at least be achievable to realistically save up and commit sufficient time / effort / money to do each thing.
Otherwise you are going to be disappointed.

Playing Augusta is not something in your control and unless you are rubbing shoulders with golfing millionaires, you have literally zero chance.

Or else step 1 in your plan should be to become a multi-millionaire AND rub shoulders with other golfing millionaires in the states and you stand some chance of getting a game there.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
1. Cat 2 (14 now).
2. Brandon Dunes.
3. A week playing links golf west coast or N Ireland.
4. Same, but NE Scotland.
5. Be healthy enough to play well into retirement.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

I know it's a bucket list, but it's not a fantasy list and surely should at least be achievable to realistically save up and commit sufficient time / effort / money to do each thing.

Playing Augusta is not something in your control and unless you are rubbing shoulders with golfing millionaires, you have literally zero chance.

Or else step 1 in your plan should be to become a multi-millionaire AND rub shoulders with other golfing millionaires in the states and you stand some chance of getting a game there.

Playing Loch Lomond wasn't something I was in control of but still got to play it.

You don't have to be multi millionaires to be invited to play top tracks. Sometimes a bit if luck or networking goes a long way.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Playing Loch Lomond wasn't something I was in control of but still got to play it.

You don't have to be multi millionaires to be invited to play top tracks. Sometimes a bit if luck or networking goes a long way.

Of course a bit of luck goes a long way, but if you play at Dundonald you will likely be in the company of LL members and there's a reasonable chance you might get invited for a game, or will be able to get to know someone well enough that you could beg him.

So in that respect, you can make your own luck.

I don't see how you could do that with Augusta and even give yourself opportunities like that - even if you were in SE America and playing at private clubs. It's needle in a haystack stuff.

And like I said, it's a bucket list. Things you want to do and can do.
Just seems daft to put something on that is as likely as a lottery win.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
1) join a club
2) learn to pitch/chip
3) get back down to low single figures
4) play the open rota
5) play Pebble Beach
6) go to Augusta for the Masters
7) play around with Paige Spiranac

LGC2019

Visit site

I think you're taking these bucket lists a bit too seriously.

D

Deleted member 1147

1 - Handicap down to scratch
2 - win the club championship
3 - Play a top 50 course with a top 50 player
4 - a whole season of good golf in good health
5 - putt well on a HFHs day

D

Deleted Member 1156

1 - Handicap down to scratch
2 - win the club championship
3 - Play a top 50 course with a top 50 player
4 - a whole season of good golf in good health
5 - putt well on a HFHs day
You can tick off #3 James, you played Porthcawl with me 👍🤣

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
That is an interesting one.

Though this topic isn't about her, I fail to see what she brings to the game of golf other than luring men.

You are talking about her on a "national" golf forum. That is what she brings. Rightly or wrongly she gives the game exposure.

People watch her, people share her online content far and wide. Her "exposure" grows the game and gets people talking about golf.

Now rightly or wrongly (however you see it) she is a users herself as an advertising tool and is bloody well successful at it. Hence why Callaway and PXG were all over her and desperate to get their products into her hands. Shows how successful she is/was.

I appreciate she has split from PXG, I'm sure another equally lucrative contract isn't far away or is already in place.

That is what she brings to golf.

User20204

Visit site
You are talking about her on a "national" golf forum. That is what she brings. Rightly or wrongly she gives the game exposure.

People watch her, people share her online content far and wide. Her "exposure" grows the game and gets people talking about golf.

Now rightly or wrongly (however you see it) she is a users herself as an advertising tool and is bloody well successful at it. Hence why Callaway and PXG were all over her and desperate to get their products into her hands. Shows how successful she is/was.

I appreciate she has split from PXG, I'm sure another equally lucrative contract isn't far away or is already in place.

That is what she brings to golf.

You've made your case very well, but how many golfers follow her for her golfing ability/prowess, that was my point. A bit like Carly Booth and her massive following on instagram, yes they are sponsors delight but neither of them have their massive following due to their golfing ability and I bet, had they been less attractive they wouldn't have the following they have.

Good on them for making the most of their looks it's just a bit sad IMO that's how it is.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
You've made your case very well, but how many golfers follow her for her golfing ability/prowess, that was my point. A bit like Carly Booth and her massive following on instagram, yes they are sponsors delight but neither of them have their massive following due to their golfing ability and I bet, had they been less attractive they wouldn't have the following they have.

Good on them for making the most of their looks it's just a bit sad IMO that's how it is.

I don't disagree with anything you say but the fact that she was brought up and being discussed shows "what she brings to the game".

Exposure. Publicity and coverage all mean she is "successful" in what she does.

User20204

Visit site
Tell you, the new blokes they bring to the game are in for a real shock when they turn up at the golf club and realise very few of the women golfers look like those two :ROFLMAO: