YAY got my first prize of the wet season.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
During our turkey competitions Ive always been in the hunt for prizes but was always just one point below the top three.
Yesterday I managed 28 points round our 12 hole competition which could have been a whole lot better, got a bottle of White for my troubles.
Then out today and on our full 18 (Our club has a core of members called the polar bears for the winter) went round in 74 (-6 for my crap current h/cap of 9) and again could easily have been 4-5 shots better off if only I could have holed a putt.

Anyone else managed a prize on the xmas runup?

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well played Brendy. Wouldn't mind your crap handicap of 9!

Currently in the hunt for our winter sweep, but that wont be tied up until after xmas now. Hope to win so I can put winnings towards a new L4V!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
When I say crap, I dont want to sound patronising or foolish, basically I was playing of 6 last year and due to lack of practice etc it ballooned as most of our our stroke competitions outnumbered stableford by 4:1 so every time I was over par i was getting points back. Now that ive had time to practice, im back hitting a decent drive and accurate irons again, I cant wait for the new year to start.
So 9 to me is artificially high considering how well ive been playing, my mid to long irons are still improving so I cant even say its the slightly shorter winter course thats helping that much as im using more woods and irons off the tee than during the year.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played Sat in our christmas fare and came third,played Sun in the winter league christmas comp and came second so not to bad.

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don't worry Brendy, you neither sounded foolish or patronising. I understood what you meant in regards to the 9 not being good for yourself.

One mans 9 is another mans 24 & so on! :D

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not at all, no need to worry. Looking forward to getting home for xmas back to the Port. Might throw the clubs in the car if I have room and try sneak a game in over the festive period!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Well, called into the club and 42 points was enough to scoop first place, handicap for the polar bears cut to 6.5 :) prize money ie enough to get me a sleeve or two of new balls too.

Hoppy

Club Champion
Visit site
Played in our Turkey Trot on Sunday got 43 points thought I had done enough only to be beat by another 21 Handicapper with 45 points still £15 Meat voucher not a bad way to start Crimbo.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Good job fellas, nice to see we are more not a bunch of losers! haha.
Our club gets a mention weekly in the local rag and I cant wait to see my name up first instead of the other times where ive only got a front or back nine or previous best gross scores.