Would you ???

User20204

Visit site
Another would you topic.

Bumped in to a fellow member yesterday in the car park who was out trying a new (to him) driver. Said it gave him 20 yards over his old one, then said, no sure the 20 yards is worth £200 for the new (to him) one.

Would you for 20 extra yards ??

RangeMonkey

Visit site
Not right now.

I’ve only just started hitting my driver, and I’m only getting it about 150 yards. There’s much more to come from me before I start to think about the stick being the limitation.

Having said that, £200 is not much for a driver these days. If I was hitting it, say, 250, and a new driver would get me to 270, then definitely I’d shell out £200.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
For an extra 20 yards, £200 sounds a bargain. However, not convinced that there is a club off of the shelf that could achieve that unless I got very lucky.

User20204

Visit site
If it's straighter - take my money..

I failed to mention this guy is one of the straightest players I've ever played with off the tee but he is a short hitter.

It wasn't for me to advice him, it's not my money but if I was as short off the tee as him, like you, take my money.

D

Deleted member 1147

In his position (short but straight) unless I couldn’t afford it, hell yes!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The M4 I bought gained me 15 yards over the R9 I was playing so it stayed in the bag - cost £249 (used, in perfect condition)

Now I wish I could buy irons that give me an extra 15 yards with the same accuracy:D

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thing is short hitters are usually straight.
Once you start hitting longer that’s when you start leaving it left or right .
A short drive that just stays on the fairway is in the rough or trees if it’s 20yds longer.

User20204

Visit site
Thing is short hitters are usually straight.
Once you start hitting longer that’s when you start leaving it left or right .
A short drive that just stays on the fairway is in the rough or trees if it’s 20yds longer.

there are plenty times when I wished my drive was 20 yards shorter but would I give up 20 overall, never.

njt1986

Visit site
If I could pay £1000 to hit the ball into the middle of the fairway with no extra distance gained, I probably would. So if I was a straight hitter and could pay £200 for an extra 20 yards then I'd pay it without question

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd pay it, with the proviso others are mentioning, that I maintain accuracy. An extra 20yds on my course gets me within range of pretty much all par 4's in 2. At the moment I am annoyingly just short on quite a number.

My son's driver, TM M2, gives me an extra 10-20yds when I get it right but that is a 1 in 5 happening. The other 4 in 5 are all over the shop which is why I don't have one as well.