Would you ???

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
TBH I’m not sure I’d notice if I was getting an extra 20yds or not. My driver goes anything from 180 to 220 yds on average so if I bought the new driver and it went 200yds how would I know if it had gone 20 yds further than 180 or 20 less than a 220yd drive.

Swango1980

Visit site
TBH I’m not sure I’d notice if I was getting an extra 20yds or not. My driver goes anything from 180 to 220 yds on average so if I bought the new driver and it went 200yds how would I know if it had gone 20 yds further than 180 or 20 less than a 220yd drive.
You'd know when you hit it 240 yards

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Considering I recently paid £250 of my money for a driver that was only 10 yards longer and 5-10 yards straighter, I guess I would do yeah. 20 yards longer is a huge difference. In several instances that would mean me hitting a 7 or 8 iron to the green instead of a hybrid, so that would be a big shot saver for me.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Another would you topic.

Bumped in to a fellow member yesterday in the car park who was out trying a new (to him) driver. Said it gave him 20 yards over his old one, then said, no sure the 20 yards is worth £200 for the new (to him) one.

Would you for 20 extra yards ??

If that was genuinely the case then it's a no brainer. 20 yards is a big difference, but obviously money is money.

At the moment, I don't have any kind of budget for new golf clubs so I simply wouldn't even consider hitting anything until I at least had a budget to consider a change.

So begs the question, what was he expecting if he tried a new club, surely knowing it was £200? If he'd got 30 yards further, would have have bought it?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is simple geometry. Only if you hit the ball with a truly square club face and truly square through swing will you hit the ball dead straight. If the club face is not square the further you hit it the more off line the shot will be.

For me anything with a driver than is no worse than first cut is acceptable.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Absolutely - even with my current driver dispersion.

An extra 20 yards (for me) off the tee would bring our long par 4s and 1 of our par 5s into significantly easier 2 shot territory. I'd even be happy for it to travel on the same line - after all, 20 yards further out of bounds is still out of bounds!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Potentially depending on dispersion. I can think of 2 longer par 4's it'll make a big difference at and potentially brings one par 5 into range. However if it is going to be at the cost of keeping it shorter and in play then I'll use my shots, play them as three shotters and rely on the work I'm doing on my short game for the odd up and down

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hard call as most times 20 yards is mainly ur swing or ur follow through or technique .. my current driver is great but ther can be 20 yards between 1 drive and the next .. maybe at cat 1 or so it would make a repeatable difference . For most of us . U might get 20 yards extra 2/10 times

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I don't give a stuff about the money, so 20 yards, yep, I am having it. Is there an option to pay more, and get more? If so, I will have that too. I can always sell a kidney or something.