Would you rather...(2)

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hole a 10 foot for bogey 100%

Go into the next hole on a high rather than on a low of man if I had just hole that second putt would have been a par
100%

Which is also why hacking a 3i from a poor lie to 100yds centre fairway isn't the same as a well struck wedge to the same position, when you stand over the next shot. You are in the same physical place, facing the same shot but mentally you are in a completely different place.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Two versions of this question and still the one I expected has not come up:

Mixed pairs, do you choose Jennifer Anniston or Charlize Theron? I can't split them. Can we play as a three and accept a DQ?
Very very "hard" decision and one I would definitely take a DQ on.
I wouldn't mind a four-ball if Kate Beckinsale could manage to find the time to join in .

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
3 putt for bogey in the long term scheme of things, as my putting is easier fixed than the rest of my game

at the time, does it really matter, ive made bogey either way

Smasher

Medal Winner
Visit site
3 putt for bogey as i had a birdie putt in that scenario. 10ft for bogey suggests I hit the green in 'par'. It's annoying but as fundy said it's easier to fix.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
3 putt for bogey in the long term scheme of things, as my putting is easier fixed than the rest of my game

at the time, does it really matter, ive made bogey either way

Do you not think it might affect your mood on the next tee shot?
Relieved to hole the 10 footer and only dropped one shot
or
Angry to waste a birdie chance and end up dropping a shot

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I'll take the 10ft bogey putt. It could so easily have been a double bogey from that range.

3 putts can happen - very long first putt on a very sloping green. A 2 putt under those circumstances is a bonus.

Smasher

Medal Winner
Visit site
or
I'd be kicking myself which is easy to get over and get in the right frame of mind. More so than if I'd been spraying it everywhere, swing gone wrong shenanigans that could have lead to the 10ft bogey putt.
1 good shot away from a good mood again vs loads of swing thoughts creeping in that could ruin a whole round.

Smasher

Medal Winner
Visit site
I think the answer depends on handicap. My swing can go at anytime and it becomes a battle, so I'm assuming the better players are taking the 10ft putt option.

Wolf

Visit site
I'd take the 3 putt tbh, means I was there with a birdie opportunity to start with and hadn't hacked it there. For me my mindset is less affected by a 3 putt bogey than it would be by having chomped my way up the hole and saving bogey with a putt.

I'd be far less likely stood on the next worrying about a brain fart with the putter than I would be standing there knowing I've played the previous hole like a dog.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
or

Would it affect my mood? Yes if there's been a run of poor putting but most of the time, no. For example, if you asked me after a few holes what my score was I'd have to give it a good think. I tend to dismiss whats gone on before and just get on with playing the shot in front of me. I can't change whats gone before but I can influence my next shot, and that's where my energies are focused.