Would you have carried on....

Yorkhacker

Visit site
It would depend on whether that was better or worse than my usual standard. What was the handicap of the player?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wow. If other people were able to mark the cards of ths remaining golfers then probably not. I'd be worried about affecting my playing partners, holding up everyone else on the course. That's a bad day at the office ?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
If it was stableford, I’d have picked up when it was clear I couldn’t score.

Medal comp- fairs, got to record the score, but sounds like he’d be better walking off and hitting the range / pro shop for some lessons

HPIMG

Visit site
I recently played a medal with a 27 handicap player he shot around 130. He was nice guy but OMG it was draining watching him play. I just don’t understand how people who can play like that can enjoy golf.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It was a medal, and the 18 was racked up on the par 5, 2nd hole, after taking a quadruple bogey 8 at the first.
So you've dropped 17 shots on the first two holes...
Personally, I'd have been calling a taxi...???

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
If it was stableford, I’d have picked up when it was clear I couldn’t score.

Medal comp- fairs, got to record the score, but sounds like he’d be better walking off and hitting the range / pro shop for some lessons

With those scores, you're out of the running in a medal. Not sure if that's the order they came in, but if I'd had accumulated more than ten shots on a couple of holes in a medal, the next time I'd got near double figures, I'd put a line on the card and carry on.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
About 10 years ago there was a complete beginner in my club playing off 28
In our monthly medal (the first one he ever played in) he had a 134 gross

But he had a hole in one on the 2nd!!!! ?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played with a guy last week who was getting 46 shots! He went round in 120. Finished every hole as he was submitting a general play card.

D

Deleted member 23270

No. It's inconsiderate to everyone behind him. Medal scores get converted to stableford, when you can't score pick up and move on.

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
I tend to pick up at the point I can’t score. If it’s a medal comp I might keep going if I was there or thereabouts but don’t think I’d be wanting to write down an 18!