Would you have carried on....

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
After an 8 and an 18 you are essentially out the competition anyway so you just NR any other bad holes and they go down as net double bogey anyway for handicap purposes. I've NR'd a few medals when I was having a shocker, no point in prolonging things and holding people up.
It wasn;t in respect to an 18, it was with respect to the guy who said they stop at quintuple bogey on any hole, and rather than NRing, they mark a 5 over for the hole, they're not out of the medal doing that if they've a high handicap, indeed any handicap.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'm not picking on the poor guy, honestly. But he played in another medal on Friday.
This was his card.....
An improvement on his overall score, but a 20 on the 1st????
I know our 1st hole is tricky, but a 20????
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not picking on the poor guy, honestly. But he played in another medal on Friday.
This was his card.....
Surely someone needs to talk to him about NR ing a hole when you get past 10, or whatever number. Getting to 20 is just daft and selfish. A quiet word is required.

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
This was his card.....

His scores after the first two holes aren’t that bad, is he losing loads of balls on the first or something?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
His scores after the first two holes aren’t that bad, is he losing loads of balls on the first or something?
Haven't got a clue, I've never met the guy.
But a 20 down our first, and an 18 down the second the week before indicates that he's not warming up properly!!
Like I say, our first hole doesn't really have any trouble on it to me other than length, and our second hole is a fairly straightforward par 5. Having said that, I've had a 10 down the first before and if I remember I putted quite well that day...???