Would you have carried on....

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
That literally isn't how medals work

But it should work, as clearly this guy is not going to be in the running for a prize, and for WHS his 18 would only be treated as a net double bogey, so why shouldn't he have picked up sooner, recorded an NR for that hole and gave his partners, and those behind him, a chance to enjoy their round too.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I didn’t know @Bratty was off 20?
I'll have you know I had 21 points for the front 9 in this morning's stableford. 14 on the back though, so rather average overall! But it's coming.
To the OP's question, I would have nr'd after the 2nd highest score, but carried on playing, picking up on every hole I was out of in stableford format.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Tell the poor bloke to join the snooker club instead, I get you sometimes have a blow out on medal, but 70 over's ridiculous, how bad is he?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
if you'd taken 51 shots over 4 holes.....:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Made up of an 18, 12, 11 and 10.
Playing off 20, finishing with a Gross 142, that's 70 over.
I remember being 40 over by 14 off 22 and I never hit another shot, walked the remainder, marking my partners card. I then never touched a ball for two weeks and had a weekly lesson for 4 beforI played again.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If I was playing and particularly marking a card I would not walk in or give up.
However for the sake of everyone's sanity I would probably just play each hole no further than net double bogey.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
But it should work, as clearly this guy is not going to be in the running for a prize, and for WHS his 18 would only be treated as a net double bogey, so why shouldn't he have picked up sooner, recorded an NR for that hole and gave his partners, and those behind him, a chance to enjoy their round too.
How do you know? He's off a 44 handicap, he shoots 5 over on one hole, that's not a big deal with that many shots in the tank, indeed it'd be expected of someone that poor. A medal is a medal, but all means pick up on a duff hole, but you're posting an NR