Would you carry if there is a trolley ban ?

Would you carry or not bother

• Yes

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 11.7%

• Total voters

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I carry full set all year round, no problems no complaints.

Would love to see big electric trolleys and heavy tour bags banned in the winter, they churn up the course

D

Deleted member 1740

Re: Would you carry if there is a trolley ban

I carry most of the year but it really pishes me off when there loads of young uns all using powerkaddys etc in the winter. There's no reason that a half set can't be carried in the winter by most golfers.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site

I prefer carrying TBH. Much quicker and more versatile. I'm only 44 so have no issues carrying a full set and half a dozen balls.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site

We have a ban at the moment so have been carrying again for a few weeks now.

Much quicker to be honest and saves the course too. Prefer to use a trolley in general but as I have no back or injury issues then I don't really mind a bit of 'hardship'.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Always carry all year round.

I love a trolley ban as at Knebworth most of the old fellas will only use a trolley so the course is empty :whoo:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

No I'm disabled.

If the course try to discriminate against me by saying I can't use my trolley they'll find themselves in court.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site

Winter league tomorrow, if we’re open & there’s a trolley ban I suspect our oppos will cry off, if so I’m claiming the game. If it’s open we’re on :thup:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

If the guys who can't play when there's a trolley ban decided to leave then there are, I guess, a fair few courses that would go bust.

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl

Yes absolutely.
I carry from November to March anyway for the good of the course, a habit carried over from my previous muddy course Norwood Park.

Only another 5/6 weeks to go an it'll be back out. Weather dependent that could translate to only another 5/6 rounds so no real heart ache.

When trollies/buggies can make a mess of the course, I would advocate that if you can carry, you should carry.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site

If the guys who can't play when there's a trolley ban decided to leave then there are, I guess, a fair few courses that would go bust.

Don't know about that Chris, from the responses there looks to be a few under a ban at the moment and they've not mentioned members who cant carry are leaving .

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

Don't know about that Chris, from the responses there looks to be a few under a ban at the moment and they've not mentioned members who cant carry are leaving .

But most clubs would allow trolleys if the user has a doctors letter.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I was referring more to trolleys rather than buggies, I feel buggies could be really dangerous on the course in very wet and slippery conditions, especially on a hilly course

Fair do's. I only mentioned it based on Jacko_G's sue comments. Thought it had been done before but wasn't sure how it played out in court, and therefore a precedent being set

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

Played today, foursomes match, and all four players carried. No trolley ban and youngest player was 57, and opponents were Leftie old. :eek:

Personally I carry all Year, and think more should carry in the winter if they can, especially with courses so wet at the moment.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Do you borrow balls from partners when you lose the six, or just walk in ?

I am a six ball man as well.:eek:oo:

I retire golf balls, I dont lose them. Losing balls is for plebs. Sometimes I retire them in the woods. Sometimes they are not that old either, but still get retired. They are not lost, i know exactly where they are. In the woods. Its easy.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
So lets get this right, the head greenkeeper advises against trolleys because it could damage the course, but if you have a medical certificate to hell with the damage, they can use them!

I'm sorry but that's just stupid, a medical certificate shouldn't supersede a decision in the interest of the course, if they can't carry then they can get in the queue later at the butchers.....:smirk:

yup - that was it. But of course not that many rolled up with a medical certificate.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site

No I'm disabled.

If the course try to discriminate against me by saying I can't use my trolley they'll find themselves in court.

I am not sure I would go along with you on this. If the course was carry only due to adverse weather (and this is mainly during winter) are you saying that you would insist on having the trolley or the club would face legal proceedings?

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Only time I use my trolley is in rain, for a change of clothes if required and for the umbrella holder.