Would you carry if there is a trolley ban ?

Would you carry or not bother

• Yes

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 11.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 21258

Re: Would you carry if there is a trolley ban

Would carry half set of clubs and buy a smaller carry bag. Just glad to be out there, has there been a lot of rain this year?:lol:

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I always transfer to a carry bag from November as Wharton Park gets wet in places. Sometimes trollies are encouraged to be kept to the buggy path which mean a long walk to your ball so a carry bag is better.
Enville allows trollies all the time. Even after all the rain lately, there is no problem with them. There are some damp spots but the heathland drains very well.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site

Always carry in winter - much easier than having to push a trolley through mud and taking the long route round every hole. Looking forward to getting the trolley and tour bag out again though.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

carry a half set, dump all the extra stuff that lives in the trolley bag and enjoy the walk!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I only own a carry bag. It fits nicely on my electric trolley

About November time I switch the wheels to hedgehogs and switch them back in April ish

That way it’s doing less damage to the course and should their be a trolley ban I’ll drop a few clubs and carry

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Lots of folks here happy to carry. The seniors at my previous place clearly weren't willing to put up with carrying every round for three months. And such was the opposition put up by the seniors that the rest of the AGM were cowed into voting against the motion - well that's how I'll continue to imagine it :)

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would carry, it's easier and my current course demands winter hedgehog wheels, which I've not got so carrying would be my only option.

I can see putting it to a vote may be contentious, as a lot of the seniors may not be able to carry a bag, or there may be members who physically cannot carry a bag and even if the course is playable enforcing a carry only policy stops those who can't carry from playing, potentially alienating a lot of members.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would carry, it's easier and my current course demands winter hedgehog wheels, which I've not got so carrying would be my only option.

I can see putting it to a vote may be contentious, as a lot of the seniors may not be able to carry a bag, or there may be members who physically cannot carry a bag and even if the course is playable enforcing a carry only policy stops those who can't carry from playing, potentially alienating a lot of members.

in the last 10 years of my grandads golf years (he now cant play at all) he had to use a buggy or couldnt get round.. got tired too easy as result of having just 1/2 a lung left following lung cancer

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Will carry if there is a trolley ban.

Over recent years will carry if it’s a social round and not raining at any time of year.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I'm a no, and have no problem with a ban. For me its down to a back injury, but I recognise the need to protect the course and wouldn't have a problem if I couldn't play because of a ban.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site

Yup. I'd just go down to a half set.

Our place (Mapperley) requests that people refrain from using buggies, and carry if you're able to whilst the course is so wet.
I've been carrying, but have just got a set of winter wheels for my trolley so back to using that now.

Overheard this convo in the carpark last week though...

Old guy walks up to his mate who is unloading his electric buggy from the back of his van.. 'You can't use that, you'll chew the f*** up out of the course!'
The reply was, 'I know, but they haven't banned them yet so it's not a problem.'

Absolute dickhead! :angry:

Last edited:

HDID Kenny

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

I have carried the last 2 winters mostly down to my home course putting up robes 20/30 yrds short of the greens to avoid were & tear. Anything between a 1/2 set to 9 or 10 clubs no more than 3 or 4 balls helps to keep the weight down. Must confess I am enjoying it.
Whilst travelling to my away course we car share and can easily get 3 or 4 people with clubs in one car. We did measure the the walk on a FW7 and its just over 10000yrds, that with a near 3hr drive either side is pretty hardcore.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

I don't think we have ever had a trolley ban, but wouldn't hesitate to carry. Carrying at the moment anyway. its a shorter course and only taking a half set anyway. it always surprises me how ell you can score with only a few clubs

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

I have a dispensation for using a trolley and wouldn't willingly carry

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

Indeed my best gross score at our place was in the 3 clubs and a putter comp :)

Thanks for all your votes and comments.

Yep, at Christmas our 3 club comp (including the putter) had 3 scores in the 60's gross. usually its mid 70's wins

xcore

Head Pro
Visit site

I carry all year round, saves pushIng a trolley through the rough trying to find a ball!