A positive AG fitting story, Moor Lane Lincoln (resulting in a new shiney)

D

Deleted member 16999

We’ll have to agree to disagree, I see a place for both in the market.
If you lose the high street competition we risk going back to the days of Pro’s charging what they wish, if Pro’s can price match AG now, why aren’t they advertising the same price, if you don’t ask for price match, they won’t offer it.

D

Deleted member 15344

They can get demos no problem, most club pros will deduct the fitting price if you buy. Clothing wise most stock a good range but I'm sure you can tell if you like a style from a brands range online or whatever, if it's the wrong size they will return it. It's a shame people don't value a club pro when the reality is they offer an awful lot more than these high street places who want to shift stock and make a quick buck. Good riddance is my view personally

When i went for a club fitting this year I was unsure if I wanted Mizuno , TM , Srixon or Titleist - my pro couldn’t fit for two of them and I couldn’t even compare so I tried them at an AG before decided what I would get fitted for - there are not many pro shops that have that ability and don’t expect many pros can get hold of demos in multiple brands

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
When i went for a club fitting this year I was unsure if I wanted Mizuno , TM , Srixon or Titleist - my pro couldn’t fit for two of them and I couldn’t even compare so I tried them at an AG before decided what I would get fitted for - there are not many pro shops that have that ability and don’t expect many pros can get hold of demos in multiple brands
Thing about a club pro is most will let you take a demo for a few days or a week, where can you do that in a store. Music to my ears AG are struggling if I'm honest

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
We’ll have to agree to disagree, I see a place for both in the market.
If you lose the high street competition we risk going back to the days of Pro’s charging what they wish, if Pro’s can price match AG now, why aren’t they advertising the same price, if you don’t ask for price match, they won’t offer it.
Doubt that would happen, you have the online market now so there will always be the buy cheap option, thing is they can't offer the level of service and aftersales a pro can

D

Deleted member 15344

Thing about a club pro is most will let you take a demo for a few days or a week, where can you do that in a store. Music to my ears AG are struggling if I'm honest
Only if they have the demo club in stock - bit pointless if they don’t have the manufacturer in stock - a club pro is restricted to the level of manufacturers they can stock. Most have one main which will be their bread and butter ( seems to be Ping a lot of times ) and then another manufacturer that will be rotated

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Only if they have the demo club in stock - bit pointless if they don’t have the manufacturer in stock - a club pro is restricted to the level of manufacturers they can stock. Most have one main which will be their bread and butter ( seems to be Ping a lot of times ) and then another manufacturer that will be rotated
Most if not all pros will know another local pro who stocks what your looking for and would happily send you to them, I'd be much more confident buying a product I've tested for a few days then get fit for by somebody who actually knows what they are talking about

D

Deleted member 15344

Most if not all pros will know another local pro who stocks what your looking for and would happily send you to them, I'd be much more confident buying a product I've tested for a few days then get fit for by somebody who actually knows what they are talking about

Two of the nearest AG to me both have qualified PGA Pro’s in store , one of those is a certified Mizuno fitter something the local clubs aren’t.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
You mean they have the mizuno fitting cart in store ? A lot of club pros have them too you know, also your club pga is usually (always) more experienced than the ones you will find working in a golf chain store, most decent ones probably wouldn't be working there in all honesty, it's just how it is

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do you work for AG ? Don't do subliminal marketing, AG are bad for golf in general they have helped destroy the value of the traditional pro shop, becoming a pga pro is not as attractive now as it was 25 years ago simply because the margins are soo tight and quite simply AG have played a large role in this

I asked my pro two weeks ago when they were getting the TS metals in and he said they weren’t going to. Even though they’re a Titleist stockist. I have loads of shop credit and would have bought the driver there and mizuno irons at AG. But he has neither, so I’m not getting irons. I had a £400 American golf voucher. What would you have preferred me do?

Chris who did the fitting is a good guy, he did a good job, Im Recommending him. Everyone makes their choice. I wish someone had posted something like this earlier in the season and I might have gone down to them and realised what a good set up they have down there. It is epically better than my pro shop.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Nice review mate, there are some good ones out there.

Shame Parsaregood seems to think its acceptable to rant about AG on your review thread, his comments would be better placed in the AG thread about them being in trouble, as opposed to derailing this one.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice review mate, there are some good ones out there.

Shame Parsaregood seems to think its acceptable to rant about AG on your review thread, his comments would be better placed in the AG thread about them being in trouble, as opposed to derailing this one.
I can't even comprehend why someone would hate AG as much as he apparently does. You can choose not to shop there if it's not your cup of tea but to actually rant against them seems a bit mad.

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
So you would like to see a lot of people loose their living ? I have used AG quite a bit mainly because when i was starting out a course pro didn't give me the time of day and was dismissive but the local AG were fantastic lots of advice and let me try loads of clubs .As Orikoru says if he dont like them shop elsewhere

D

Deleted member 15344

You mean they have the mizuno fitting cart in store ? A lot of club pros have them too you know, also your club pga is usually (always) more experienced than the ones you will find working in a golf chain store, most decent ones probably wouldn't be working there in all honesty, it's just how it is
Nope they are performance fitting centres with also DNA in there - there is also one in the AG in Water - and both have fully certified Mizuno fitters and there are plenty of “decent” PGA Pros in AG stores

There are prob just as many poor Pro Shops and PGA Pros as there are poor AG’s