Would you book a society..

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It's not that the courses are on the m25. As such. But no more than say 30 mins from it. So at a push Oxford/luton/reading and then Surrey...

Me personally I'll go anywhere, my friends on the other hand....
Just looked at our society rates and no way could we do it for £45 other than 18 holes and a simple one course meal and I fear that anywhere around the Surrey area will be similarly difficult for a decent course

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Just looked at our society rates and no way could we do it for £45 other than 18 holes and a simple one course meal and I fear that anywhere around the Surrey area will be similarly difficult for a decent course

Oh our one off meets are usually Kent based or just outside via m25. Not into Surrey for them, that’s more the weekend break. I accept that most places in summer won’t offer it as a society rate, but at the same time. Lots of the same courses end up doing discount tees for circa £25 which means that food for £20 is doable.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
A 12 of us go to the Scottish Golf show every year entry cost £7.50 but you receive a £2.50 American voucher [ must be used at the show] .
They also give you the choice of 3 free tickets/ rounds a various courses around the country, some courses ask an extra tenner to book in advance with roll and coffee included, full meals not included.
This year we've booked the Roxburgh GC in the borders and Royal Musselburgh GC Saturday and Sunday end of July, still to get a date for Cardrona GC.
That's 3 rounds of golf including coffee and rolls for £35.00

Don't you have an equivalent Golf show in England ?

dronfield

Visit site
You would think in this day and age that with all the competition, most clubs would be open to do deals for societies playing at off peak times - especially when they consider the additional income of drinks sales, potential pro shop purchases.
Certainly in the mid 2000s when i helped organise our annual society 3 day break, we had no trouble finding clubs in the areas we had selected to visit, that were welcoming and keen for us to play there.
Clubs seem more receptive to do deals if the visiting party is from another club, and they can potentially reciprocate the deal - eg, the club i am a member of has organised a day out in July at a nice club in the area, and for £58 we get 27 holes, bacon butty/coffee on arrival, soup/sandwiches and 2 course evening meal (plus prizes). Cracking value for money.

Rich