Worst experience on a golf course???????

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Of course you can. How could it be any other way. AFAIK, no club has rules about how quickly you need to change or comply with the dress code before teeing off.

Its really simple at most clubs, you can turn up in the car park in a tutu if you choose but you cant go on the practice area, putting green or the tee without changing into attire acceptable to that particular club, if you choose to go into the clubhouse first then you'll need to wear whatever that club requires - but you can change back into your tutu before going home ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Its really simple at most clubs, you can turn up in the car park in a tutu if you choose but you cant go on the practice area, putting green or the tee without changing into attire acceptable to that particular club, if you choose to go into the clubhouse first then you'll need to wear whatever that club requires - but you can change back into your tutu before going home ?

there speaks the voice of experience ;) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sorry, but in my view, someone parading round with their shirt hanging out at someone else's club, when they know their shirt should be tucked in, deserves whatever they get.
Just seems completely arrogant behaviour to me.

For goodness sake, it's not as if he was wearing black socks with shorts!

To call someone arrogant because of such a simple thing is a pretty rude.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Once again you're getting on your faux high horse ? about what I wrote.

He knew the club rules, he was told once and ignored it. He then had to be told again. That is arrogance in my book.

I'm on my high horse am I?:rolleyes:

If someone shouted at me to tuck in my shirt I would probably leave! If they politely pointed out the error of my ways that would be different.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yes.
Once again picking up on one of my posts in the middle of a thread, taking it as a standalone comment, and deciding it's "rude".
I'm sure if you search every thread you could be offended on someone's behalf.

I'm not picking up on one of "your" posts in particular as I would have said the same to anyone.

Anyone feeling the need to chastise someone for not tucking in their shirt is doing nothing for the future of the game of golf.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Haven't changed my shoes at a golf club in years - not since the Ecco street appeared I don't think.

Nothing looks worse than a polo shirt untucked when worn with a pair of trousers - down with that sort of thing.

Unless you're fat and you're wearing a sports polo. In which case no one wants to see that hanging over a belt!

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Oh and to put us back on track. At a society day, paired with another society members friend whom had the most shocking round and was near unbearable to be around. 18 holes of silence (no banter or small talk), then shouting, swearing and breaking of clubs (his to be exact) I ended up laughing which didn't go down well. He doesn't come to anymore society days.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Travelled from Edinburgh for this. Turned my ankle and hobbled off after about ten holes, struggling to walk.
Some of my oddest golf experiences have been forum related! Including but not limited to HFH.
Not necessarily bad....just odd!

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I saw a guy drive into the car park and walk into the pro shop in jeans and t shirt!

I wasn’t suprised when he quickly came out again, strangely without the box he arrived carrying and went straight to his white van and drove off.

I didn’t quite know what to make of it.

birdyhunter

Visit site
Playing a club knockout match play with a young lad, off a much lower handicap than me. I'd never met him so was looking forward to some chat, banter and a laugh. He drove it miles, seemed to think he was playing in a Ryder Cup singles match, didn't give a putt and didn't say a word to me all round. The memorable parts to his game were him slamming the club on the ground when he didn't knock it stiff from 100 yards and saying "How can that happen?" when he didn't hole a 10' putt.

I hated every second of the round and just wanted it to finish but we were all square after 18. We went up the 1st, I had a shot which he seemed to think was totally unfair. I hit a decent chip and single putted, against his par and I won the hole. He gave me a handshake like a wet lettuce. he didn't look me in the eye and he disappeared, I never saw him again.

Last edited by a moderator:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
H4H at Hankley Common - a bad dose of vertigo and all I could do was hit a driver off the tee but looking down at the ball with an iron, or putter, just sent my head spinning. Played (if that's the right word) with the winner though