Worst experience on a golf course???????

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Had a day at Woburn, followed by a huge session in the clubhouse then a few more at the Woburn hotel we were at.

Thought it'd be a good idea to play when we got back the next day. It was 30C, incredibly hungover and the wheel fell off my trolley.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a day at Woburn, followed by a huge session in the clubhouse then a few more at the Woburn hotel we were at.

Thought it'd be a good idea to play when we got back the next day. It was 30C, incredibly hungover and the wheel fell off my trolley.
Had too many of those stories. I can think of two occasions where I've had to throw up in the clubhouse toilets about 5 minutes before teeing off. Strangely I don't play well on those days.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had too many of those stories. I can think of two occasions where I've had to throw up in the clubhouse toilets about 5 minutes before teeing off. Strangely I don't play well on those days.

Behaviour like that is surely worse than a slight outfit indiscretion?:p

My worst experience was in a medal at my previous club about 15 years ago.

I was playing a medal early doors with 2 guys I didn't know. One of them arrived last minute looking REALLY hung over/still drunk. He was all over the place.

We ended up slightly late teeing off whilst he tried to sort himself out.

He was a single figure golfer but took 8 or 10 on the first 2 holes.
On the 3rd, half way up the fairway he disappeared into the rough and threw up. He then just disappeared leaving us as a 2 ball.

I was glad to be rid of him, it was ridiculous that he showed up at all.

Pickles

Hacker
Visit site
Was a late teenager circa 2002/3

Thought I was the bees knees the proceeded to shoot 90 odd playing off 4 at a forum day out at Woburn.

Played the next day and shot -1 round my home club in a knockabout ?

My game back and technique was up and and down more than a.......(insert here) back then.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Me and my best buddy chosen as the trump card foursomes pairing in my company site team for major inter site competition being played at Royal Birkdale. High expectations of us. We got seriously tanked up in Southport the night before and didn't get to bed until 4am. 9am tee-off sees us very seriously hungover. As we walked up the 18th we were looking to the teams gathered around the 18th green and wondered how we were going to explain to the team manager that we were really unlucky with our 17pts stableford - assuming we got 2pts on the last (we did). The round included me playing our opponents ball on one of the holes...unlucky...

The Team Managers report on the competition in the company newspaper the following month said 'as far as H and M are concerned - well the best we can say is that they tried - well at least we think they did...'

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My worst experience on a course.
Playing my home course in a mixed board comp.
Two under after five holes.
A bell went off in my head and I woke up in a hospital bed with concussion.
No shout . I was on my own fairway. Full toss just above the temple.
I now wear a hard shell in my cap and feel really naked without it now.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I walked off once. Not proud of it but playing abjectly bad and not enjoying it and aware that I was spoiling it for everyone. Not something I've ever repeated and wouldn't want to (in my mind it would be easy to start walking off when it really was going against you). Just a day when it got on top of me and I didn't react accordingly. As I say not proud

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Hang on chaps not yet, somebody might come along and tell us that they were playing and got struck by lightening whilst playing with a hangover with the most miserable sod ever to walk on a golf course who was behaving like a total bell end :whistle:

With their shirt untucked.
Who changed his shoes in the car park.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Being struck by lightning on the 1st hole and spending three weeks in hospital with the resulting burns. And it wasn't even raining just some dark clouds way in the distance.
Jeez nasty.
Played whitecraigs once lightning landed on the ground right in front of us 200yds or seemed like it ,
Scared the life out of me.
Ran for my car.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Jeez nasty.
Played whitecraigs once lightning landed on the ground right in front of us 200yds or seemed like it ,
Scared the life out of me.
Ran for my car.
Same thing happened to me at Stoneham years ago, quite literally filled my pants!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Same thing happened to me at Stoneham years ago, quite literally filled my pants!
Yes there was no clouds or rain .
It landed on the floor and sort of skitter along the ground.
I was frozen for a few seconds , then just ran in the opposite direction.
But kept control of my bowels thankfully.;)