Working out Handicaps

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
On SI 11 your Gross birdie 2 nett eagle gives 4 points. If it was on SI 10 it would be 5 points.
Nett par is 2 points nett bogey 1, nett birdie 3.

Nick_Toye

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
That's great scoring :thup: not too rusty then! :)

Perhaps 28 is a tad high then.

Great gross scoring.

Thanks, I've recently got some Nike Covert irons and Driver and I have a new Method Core putter. The 82 was with my Dad's old clubs, and the 77 was with my new ones. If anything my putting improved massively, took 7 less strokes with my putter.

Next year me and my Dad are considering joining a golf club Lifestyle Membership, which means we can play 10 rounds each through the year on one course, plus get a CONGU handicap. Now I haven't got a handicap as yet, so I'm just playing off 28 and have only carded 2 rounds.

Is there a way I can adjust this handicap based on these 2 rounds, or do I need 3 to be able to work out an unofficial handicap?

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks, I've recently got some Nike Covert irons and Driver and I have a new Method Core putter. The 82 was with my Dad's old clubs, and the 77 was with my new ones. If anything my putting improved massively, took 7 less strokes with my putter.

Next year me and my Dad are considering joining a golf club Lifestyle Membership, which means we can play 10 rounds each through the year on one course, plus get a CONGU handicap. Now I haven't got a handicap as yet, so I'm just playing off 28 and have only carded 2 rounds.

Is there a way I can adjust this handicap based on these 2 rounds, or do I need 3 to be able to work out an unofficial handicap?

technically you need 3 cards to give a sample of your ability but it is your best card that is used, assuming there are not triple bogeys in the 77 take the sss away and that gives you the handicap you would be allocated. Ie 77- SSS (70) gives a 7 handicap.

Nick_Toye

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
technically you need 3 cards to give a sample of your ability but it is your best card that is used, assuming there are not triple bogeys in the 77 take the sss away and that gives you the handicap you would be allocated. Ie 77- SSS (70) gives a 7 handicap.

SSS = Standard Scratch Score?

Is that the par of the course? It's currently a 68.

Nick_Toye

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Also, do I count my actual score for the bogey, double bogey etc, or my nett score?

In other words am I using the 77 not the 105.

If so, I got 1 triple bogey in the 77.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Right - you can all stop joshing him now about the 82 and 77 being gross scores. That wasn't really a very welcoming series of responses.

Somewhere on your scorecard you will find SSS with a number after it. That is the benchmark for handicap assessment, not par.

Nick_Toye

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Right - you can all stop joshing him now about the 82 and 77 being gross scores. That wasn't really a very welcoming series of responses.

Somewhere on your scorecard you will find SSS with a number after it. That is the benchmark for handicap assessment, not par.

ha ha, I know it's my Nett score. :)

Right I see on my scorecard there is a yellow box, the tee's I used, with Par 69 and SSS 68. But the par is currently 68, so will that mean my SS will be 67?

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

No joshing here my bad, .. but I can't see anywhere where it says nett 82/77?
That makes a big differance!