Winter golf trousers

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am after some winter golf trousers. Warm, lined, wind proof, may be shower proof (not so fussed about that bit), machine washable. Some thing I can wear to golf, play golf, wear in the club house and then drive home in. Under armour do some, as do ping, and also Adidas. I can get any of them on line, but none say if they are washable. Useless. I'd also like to see them, and decide which is best.

Ag have them all on their web site, but not in store yet. It's freezing outside, but they don't stock winter trousers til later in the month, if at all. They are still selling shorts.

Any one have any of the above who can offer advice?

Before the usual responses, I am not wearing thermals, water proofs, two pairs of trousers, long socks, base layers, and certainly not shorts. I hate corduroy, tweed, plus fours, etc. I don't want to faff about changing after golf either, as I will not be breaking into a sweat in these temperatures. I won't wear walking kit either, as to me, it isn't tailored golf wear.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If your not too snobby on it being a golf brand then Craghoppers winter lined (walking trousers) do all of what you ask and are definitely washable. Would be surprised if any of the golf brands werent though

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was gonna say plus fours/two's but as they are on your list of exclusions I won't :thup:

Rich has some stretchy under armour trousers, that he reckons are good, they are shower proof by all accounts, I believe you can wash them

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
If your not too snobby on it being a golf brand then Craghoppers winter lined (walking trousers) do all of what you ask and are definitely washable. Would be surprised if any of the golf brands werent though

I looked at these, but I think I'd get bounced from the club house. They can be a bit iffy about the dress code.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
If your not too snobby on it being a golf brand then Craghoppers winter lined (walking trousers) do all of what you ask and are definitely washable.

Id 2nd this, as Ive got few pairs, walking the dogs, or winter Golf........ideal.....:thup:

But obviously u need a club with slightly less 'formal' dress code.............unlucky murph

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
jesus, winter trousers..

It must get pretty cold in the frozen wastelands of Watford, 5 , 6 deg?

mybe you should wear some tights;)

Mugs

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Under Armour website has some Coldgear trousers for £45 under the outlet section

Limited sizes though but maybe worth a look, quite tempted myself

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I was going to say the same thing. Why fork out for a set of trousers when you already have waterproofs which add another layer for warmth and will keep the trousers you do have nice and dry and clean

I hate wearing two pairs of trousers, can't be bothered to change into waterproofs before playing, just want some warm trousers to wear really. Not fussed about the money, the amount I play, they will work out ok.