Winter golf trousers

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
jesus, winter trousers..

It must get pretty cold in the frozen wastelands of Watford, 5 , 6 deg?

mybe you should wear some tights;)

Last time I played it was stupid windy, and minus two, and snowing. Cold enough for me. I'm 6 2, and 11 stone wringing wet, I get cold quickly. Can't see what's macho about wearing zip in minus temperatures.

Last edited:

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At this time of year it's usually wet so I've got some karrimor sierra over trousers. Waterproof, wind proof and stops the mud getting to your trousers so you look tidy for the club house

If its really cold then a pair of thermal under trousers (long johns to you old buggers) do the job, are a dam site cheaper and can be used with any trousers

Dorian

Club Champion
Visit site
Last time I played it was stupid windy, and minus two, and snowing. Cold enough for me. I'm 6 2, and 11 stone wringing wet, I get cold quickly. Can't see what's macho about wearing zip in minus temperatures.

"There's no prizes for being cold." I'm the same - cold very quickly and first to dress for it.

Have you thought about a set of thermals? £5 for those and keep the usual trousers. Being a bit of a hiker I have the lined walking trousers. They don't compare to having normal trousers and thermals. The key is the way the layers are sitting on you. With lined trousers the thermal material and outer material all sit away from you. If you wear thermals they're tighter and create a warm 'pocket' between the thermals and trousers. That is what keeps you warm. Not to mention wind can get up lined trousers - with thermals they will break it a little.

Hope that helps.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
"There's no prizes for being cold." I'm the same - cold very quickly and first to dress for it.

Have you thought about a set of thermals? £5 for those and keep the usual trousers. Being a bit of a hiker I have the lined walking trousers. They don't compare to having normal trousers and thermals. The key is the way the layers are sitting on you. With lined trousers the thermal material and outer material all sit away from you. If you wear thermals they're tighter and create a warm 'pocket' between the thermals and trousers. That is what keeps you warm. Not to mention wind can get up lined trousers - with thermals they will break it a little.

Hope that helps.

It all makes sense, and I do own a set of thermals. I just hate wearing them. Need to arrive without them, put them on after breakfast, play, may be over heat, come in after and change again, can't be bothered. Nice idea, but not what I'm looking for.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I bought a pair of boss donnay trousers last week that might be down your street. I normally stay away from their stuff, but they are waterproof (were dry about 5 mins after a 30 minute rain shower on saturday, slightly fleece lined and were in the sale at sports soccer for £22 last week.

They are black and shiny, and no big donnay sign on them, I think they had 70% off, so a steal also. I wore mine with longjohns underneath, so don't know how warm they are on their own though.

RogB

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have a pair of Nike all-weather trousers for winter. They are moderately warm (too hot for me >10C ambient). Windproof and initially at least showerproof. After (machine) washing a few times the water repellency drops and they eventually need reproofing with common outdoor walking gear (Grangers/Nikwax etc). Mine came from direct golf but seem to be out of stock http://www.direct-golf.co.uk/golf_clothing/nike_golf/all_weather_golf_trousers_trousers/p11868.aspx.

Might be worth a look...

D

Deleted Member 1156

This is exactly what I'm looking at, I'd just like the web site to state machine washable. If its dry clean only, count me out!

Machine washable, I've got a pair of the black ones :thup:

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The Under Armour website has some Coldgear trousers for £45 under the outlet section

Limited sizes though but maybe worth a look, quite tempted myself

I have a pair of these and they do the job. In terms of washing they're machine washable at 30 degrees.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
How about these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adidas-Weat..._1_47?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1352233260&sr=1-47

Another site said this about them:
  • inner fleece
  • Flat front,
  • Constructed belt loops,
  • Contrast adidas® brandmark above back right pocket,
  • Notched hem
  • Two front pockets and 2 rear pockets
  • Belt loops
  • Machine washable
  • 100% Polyester-two layer

I've got two pairs of these, bought them last year. they pill a bit when you snag them on the bushes, but they are nice and warm, and wash up fine.

HickoryShaft

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was just about to post about the UA and got to the end of the thread and read you have gone for them

Good choice.

Warm, wind and shower proof (a bit more than shower actually), washable, lighter than I expected and smart enough for the clubhouse. Definitely the right choice

swanny32

Journeyman Pro
Tiptree, Essex - Where they make the Jam!
www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk
I hate wearing two pairs of trousers, can't be bothered to change into waterproofs before playing, just want some warm trousers to wear really. Not fussed about the money, the amount I play, they will work out ok.
The good thing about the one's I have is that they are quite thick, I have never bothered wearing a pair of trousers underneath, when i have done I've found I get too hot.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sports World or Donnay shops; "70% off" I cant believe people still fall for this line! When have you ever seen any of those products for sale at the higher price!!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sports World or Donnay shops; "70% off" I cant believe people still fall for this line! When have you ever seen any of those products for sale at the higher price!!

It was the nett. price I was bothered about, not the gross and £22 for these were a steal, especially when equivalent adidas ones are £60.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Women's tights under your trousers are excellent.

Wore them on all winter warfare exercises and was never cold :thup:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Are they actually WATERPROOF? I can't see that bit on the page.... wet fleece on my legs? No thanks.

No, they are just water resistant. I dont think that they will be any worse in that respect than normal trousers. I'm going to give them a go any way. Last time I played I had to wear water proofs over normal trousers, and just felt really uncomfortable the whole way round.