Waterproof trousers…

Big85

Visit site
Sorry I guess this has been covered plenty of times but after using the search button I couldn’t find any simple answers!!

So… best waterproof trousers?
currently looking at gg Arthur or Andy? I have 20% off voucher on these

Footjoy sensordry? A lot cheaper than the above

Berghaus Men's Maitland GORE-TEX® Overtrousers? Not golf trousers but did see these mentioned in another post

Any recommendations would be highly appreciated. Many thanks

Jason.H

Visit site
I bought Galvin Green waterproof trousers last winter. Can’t remember the specific name but they are goretex.
Really pleased with them. Easy to get on/off mid round. Breathable and kept me dry. I still have some GG items from around 2005 that look like new so although expensive they perform and seem to last forever.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Peter Storm waterproof trousers from Mountain Warehouse £20 in January sale about 6 years ago, I think.
I don't understand how waterproof trousers can be specifically "golf" trousers.
I mean, either they are waterproof or they claim to be waterproof when they are not.
Mine are good.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the GG Alf which I don’t think they do now but they look very much like the Arthur. Mine have been great I must have had them 8-9 years and they aren’t still going strong.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just don't get Cutter & Buck ones. I tried them and was wet through to my pants. :LOL:

I'm also interested in this as I might put some on my Christmas list. I think I'd prefer ones which are standalone trousers, rather than the ones you wear over the top of others.

D

Deleted member 23270

GG and Under Armour are both very good but UA customer service is way ahead of GG.

RichA

Visit site
Those Craghoppers Kiwi linked above are excellent. I wouldn't buy golf specific trousers again when you can pick these up so cheap.
Yep. I've got Craghoppers Ascent waterproof over-trousers. Worn over light jogging bottoms they've been great. I've got a pair of the Kiwi Pro waterproof trousers too, but the zip fly isn't waterproof and in anything but the very coldest weather I find them a bit too hot.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ve got some Craghoppers too Steall or Stefan can’t remember which. You just need to be careful with the sizing at times but great trousers. They also come with a lifetime guarantee. I had my trousers for quite a while and a hole developed inside the pocket. I had to send them back but they replaced them for free. Good company to deal with

sunshine

Visit site
Another craghopper fan. I have the warm winter trousers with the fleece lining. Don’t see any benefit in golf specific trousers that cost 4 times as much.

Big85

Visit site
I’ve gone with the craghoppers. Currently 10% of waterproof trousers online. Lifetime guarantee so let’s see how they go. Fingers crossed they are good and not restrictive for golf