Win or Handicap Cut

• Win

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Handicap Cut

Votes: 36 65.5%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 21258

What would you rather see at the weekend comp.

You win with a 'poor' score and no handicap cut(as say the weather conditions are terrible and your 34 points or net 76 is enough to win)

or

Not a win but a handicap cut due to everyone else scoring well

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Handicap cut for me.

Thats what I play for, to improve.

A win is lovely but its not like im gonna turn pro off the winnings.

I practice hard to see improvements and that pays off through getting a nice cut.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I make no bones about it, I am competitive, I play sports to win. If by doing so, I get cut then great. I step out onto the field of play wanting to win, not simply take part.

Wanting to win isn't something to hide behind, there is no shame in it. I get the impression sometimes that some people think it is or there is something wrong with saying so. It isn't, there isn't anything wrong with it.

I love a good competition and to come out on top is the sweetest feeling.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I make no bones about it, I am competitive, I play sports to win. If by doing so, I get cut then great. I step out onto the field of play wanting to win, not simply take part.

Wanting to win isn't something to hide behind, there is no shame in it. I get the impression sometimes that some people think it is or there is something wrong with saying so. It isn't, there isn't anything wrong with it.

I feel like getting a handicap cut is a win.

It is a win against myself to show I am improving.

One of the beautiful things about golf. Not beating the field does not mean you haven't won. You can beat the course that day, get a lovely cut and be delighted about it.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I feel like getting a handicap cut is a win.

It is a win against myself to show I am improving.

One of the beautiful things about golf. Not beating the field does not mean you haven't won. You can beat the course that day, get a lovely cut and be delighted about it.

Actually, it very much does. Beating the field means you HAVE won. Don't get me wrong, playing well and getting cut is very satisfying, but it isn't winning. Only winning is winning ;-)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

This is a bit corny but when you aren't that great, I'm not, then you are playing against yourself each week, you really are. What the rest do is irrelevant to me, can I beat my handicap is my own test.

No issue with your stand. In my previous 2 sports I would have trampled over my gran to win a game, not really gran but I'm trying to make a point :love:, but golf is more social for me and I don't worry about what anyone else is doing. If I was a proper golfer I would be in your camp (y)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Taking pride in winning a handicap comp is a bit weird. So you played better than every one else? Not really. So you played better relative to your handicap than everybody else played relative to theirs? Yes.

Also, you can play your best ever golf, and lose, or play some bang average stuff, and win. It is a strange game. It's not like tennis or such, where you play the guy at the other end of the court, and can influence their game with yours.

Cut for me.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
This is a bit corny but when you aren't that great, I'm not, then you are playing against yourself each week, you really are. What the rest do is irrelevant to me, can I beat my handicap is my own test.

No issue with your stand. In my previous 2 sports I would have trampled over my gran to win a game, not really gran but I'm trying to make a point :love:, but golf is more social for me and I don't worry about what anyone else is doing. If I was a proper golfer I would be in your camp (y)

Actually quite liking the sound of Granny Trampling as a sport, not suggesting your Gran but there must be a few out there looking for a day out. But it would probably just end up behind a Paywall and wouldn't attract new players at grassroots level (prob have a daft dress-code too) :unsure: