Win a dozen Titleist Golf Balls!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm -4 for today due to Kaymers dominance but I'll lose Bubba now so I need Kaymer to keep banging in the birdies and Adam Scott to start making inroads.
It is cumulative score of all three players, so presumably if one player doesn't make the cut you are out ?:confused:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
It is cumulative score of all three players, so presumably if one player doesn't make the cut you are out ?:confused:

No, its cumulative so if Bubba is now +6 and obviously misses the cut, that score should stay as a deficit off the other players left :mmm:

Its daft otherwise :(

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
No, its cumulative so if Bubba is now +6 and obviously misses the cut, that score should stay as a deficit off the other players left :mmm:

Its daft otherwise :(

Actually, it's daft that way imo!

If someone makes the cut (at +4 by the looks) and then shoots +3 in the next 2 rounds, he earns more than Bubba! Bubba's missed cut effectively means he has shot level Par for rounds 3 and 4 - which is what's daft!

And (even dafter) Bubba's contribution to 'cumulative score' would be 146, whereas someone finishing all 4 rounds on level par would be 280!

A definition of what 'cumulative score' is is required!

I favour either 'All 3 must make the Cut' or 'Missed Cut takes poorest Final score from those that make the cut'. 2nd option keeps some sort of interest for days 3 and 4, though almost certainly won't win.

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
By that method you could win with none of your players making the cut.:confused::)

Hardly, I've got Kaymer.

Its flawed to a degree then, those with Kaymer, their chosen winner, could all go out and someone with 3 players who have simply stayed in to the last day but are nowhere near winning, win :angry:

Choosing the winner stands for nothing then :confused:

C

c1973

Surely it's based on finishing position?

For example; 5 Yanks finish 1st through 5th (1st place counts), then a European is 6th (he counts), Rest of the world 8th (he counts). The winner is the guy/gal that has picked them. If two from differing continents are tied and this affects who wins the balls then GM decide. No?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Correct! :rolleyes:

It's choosing the best combination of Euro,US, RoW!

But, in this case, picking Kaymer certainly helps! :whistle:

If you want Winner only, go to the Bookies - though you won't get great odds on Kaymer any more!

Last edited:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Hardly, I've got Kaymer.

Its flawed to a degree then, those with Kaymer, their chosen winner, could all go out and someone with 3 players who have simply stayed in to the last day but are nowhere near winning, win :angry:

You are trying to guess the three best players from Europe, US and ROI. Picking one that wins and two that don't make the cut is not much good. I am sure there are a lot of people that have three players that have made the cut, and are still in contention. My three are level par combined but ready to pounce when Kaymer blows up.:)

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Came in at level par which I think will not be good enough. Damn you Matsuyama for blowing up a bit on your last 2 rounds

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I feel like a winner simply because all 3 of mine made the cut.......

Normally the ones I pick shoot in the 80's or themselves........

Hacker Khan

Visit site
I just feel a bit of a tool as I normally have a bet on the majors, and for some reason fancied Kaymer big time. But of course didn't do anything about it this time. :angry: Oh well, swings and roundabouts and all that.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
My three were all in tied fourth position at +1, I didn't pick Kaymer though and without his -9 I'm nowhere.

(Unless it's calculated on sum of placings and lowest number wins......)

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
With stenson, Speith and Scott I must be close even if no cigar?

Not even close! well, a lot closer than me! but foxholer was quite close i think, not looked through them all, but think Crow's 3 x 4th will be tough to beat! Would need Kaymer, Fowler, Day to beat that!

Hacker Khan

Visit site
Not even close! well, a lot closer than me! but foxholer was quite close i think, not looked through them all, but think Crow's 3 x 4th will be tough to beat! Would need Kaymer, Fowler, Day to beat that!

I thought the OP said the lowest scores. So I read that as you add up your scores of your picks and there's your winner. So you basically needed to have Kaymer in there and then hope your other picks didn't wipe out his 9 under par or whatever he finished on. But may well be wrong.