Win a year's supply of tees!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
hi all

We’ve teamed up with Ocean Tee to offer 3 lucky forumers the chance to win a year’s supply of tees (12 boxes of 40 tees) worth nearly £50!

Ocean Tee use environmentally friendly, sustainably sourced bamboo not plastic and 25% of profits go to UK charities fighting plastic pollution

Ocean Tee supplies the PGA Euro Pro Tour and a number of clubs including Machrihanish

For your chance to win just comment below and tell us what sort of tees you currently use or share an amusing tee related story. Basically reply to this post

open till midnight on Wednesday December 11. I will contact winners on the 12th

Please note Laura Davies will not be entering this comp

tees.jpeg

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I currently use low friction tees, as given away by GM in a magazine one month. They work brilliantly and last for ages, as I am proving. I accept however that they are now evil and the future is wood / bamboo so I will not buy any more. For par 3's I am a great recycler and use snapped tees that people leave around the tee box :D.

Can you have an amusing tee story? I once picked up 6 free tees at Close house in successive holes where previous golfers had used the free CH tees given out in the pro shop and not even bothered to take them out of the ground after using them. Sat in perfect position, I didn't even have to pull them up any higher or push down lower. It was like being at a range. That's as good as I have :sleep:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
As long as it's made of wood I'll use it.
Always picking up broken ones to use with irons/3wood
I've got millions of the damn things!!
Once picked up one that had been in a pencil sharpener to extend its natural life

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought some bamboo tees from the bay and they were meant to last longer than than normal wooden tees, but they didn't.
These would surely be better ;)

Kennysarmy

Visit site
For driver I use two orange tees tied together with string so I don't lose the one flying out the ground !

For irons I hunt around in the grass and use someones's cast offs.

Yes, I'm an 1/8th Scottish

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
One of golf's little pleasures is finding a pristine tee of your personal preference.

For me that's of course an environmentally sustainable one, preferably made of bamboo.
But how do you tell a bamboo tee apart from a wooden one? I guess you could look for pandas in the locale?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Wooden, long and conventional - not fussed about colour, but was once amused to find green painted tees in a bag of 1000.

On a trip to Spain I actually ran out of tees completely.... the tees were little islands of grass in dense scrub... so if the tee went more that a couple of feet forward, it was gone forever! On the last round of the trip, that was it, gone, none left... when the local ball-seller shouted over the fence "Pro Vs, Ten Euros" - he was shocked to hear "No thanks amigo, got any tees??" :)

D

Deleted member 21258

Plastic castle tees.

I reckon if I won these I could put these next to the wood burner, and my wife would try to light the firelighters with one.;)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Only use castle tees at the moment. Think I have had the same 3 pink and 3 red ones in my bag for months.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
One of golf's little pleasures is finding a pristine tee of your personal preference.

For me that's of course an environmentally sustainable one, preferably made of bamboo.
But how do you tell a bamboo tee apart from a wooden one? I guess you could look for pandas in the locale?

I can't believe you use anything as modern as tees

D

Deleted member 3432

Can't beat a wooden tee, so versatile after it's broken using the driver. Perfect then for the 3 wood or iron later in the round.

If I find a castle tee or a plastic one they're straight into the rubbish bin, horrible things.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Wooden, long, conventional.

Once tee'd off and couldn't find my tee. Ah well thought I. Put my hand in my pocket and there it was - just in my right pocket. I knew it was the one I had just used as it was a different make from my normal make, and I knew that I only had one of it as I had only picked it up on a previous hole.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought a box of 1000 tees off ebay about 8 years ago. I have yet to open the box. So no need to include me in the draw

Not long after buying them the course installed automatic lift tees on the range which is where I used to break virtually tee used.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m the sustainability lead at my work and have led the team to 3 awards in the last 4 years.

So I think it’s a awesome idea to have more sustainable golf products. I don’t buy plastic tees anymore and will use wooden ones. But I also use tees I find on the course. No sense wasting them! Oh I also use my broken tees for the par 3s.

Good job ocean tees ??

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought a hundred wooden tees from eBay recently thinking that they would last me ages, they probably would have done if I hadn’t ordered black ones, I got sick of walking round the tee area looking for tees while friends walked off to hit their balls.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
In the Summer I like to use the white wooden tees with yellow tide mark but in Winter use a orange castle tee but since RND decision have decided that once they've all gone will stick to wooden ones as more feel its more sustainable and that's where our club is moving towards , with a little help from me as Greens Chair ;)
Over the last couple of years we have put Winter tee mats that accept any tee anywhere , but a consequence is the tees tend to fly in all directions . On weds when playing in the fiddle I was drawn with a guy who has had two heart attacks and on my first tee shot the tee flew out and struck him right on the heart :LOL: