Win a year's supply of tees!

D

Deleted member 1147

I buy a box of Lees Tees once every couple of years.
Wooden tees that don’t break as often as the cheapest and nastiest ones the pro shop sells. Would be interesting to see if these are better .

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like the idea of the ocean tees. Seems a good product. I currently use wooden blue band tees with my driver, and whatever broken / discarded tee I can find for anything else.

I might be wrong but I would have thought generally plastic tees are actually better for the environment than traditional wood tees which I doubt come from a sustainable source.

I rarely see discarded plastic tees, and if I do, I pick them up and use them. Wood tees however, are often single use, especially in summer.

RND banned plastic due to the impact on wild animals that share the course. I can see that logic, but I’m not entirely convinced plastic tees are a huge issue in that regard.

However, these sustainably sourced, apparently durable tees, seem like a great idea to meet in the middle; longevity of plastic without the eco concerns.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just use the generic pink castles with my driver and scrounge around for broken wooden tees to use with hybrids and irons.
I'm well known locally as being "the tight Yorkshire git who doesn't like spending any money" :p

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I use plastic tees, very rarely break or loose them. I would need less less than 10 to last a year playing twice a week. When you add the cost of tree cutting and tee manufacturing I think my use is so low that the plastic reusables are better.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use plastic tees, very rarely break or loose them. I would need less less than 10 to last a year playing twice a week. When you add the cost of tree cutting and tee manufacturing I think my use is so low that the plastic reusables are better.

You never lose them?
I'm continuously asking "did you see where my tee went?" after the majority of tee shots ?

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Genuine question, what should you do if you find a broken or discarded plastic tee on the course?
No idea what is best for a broken tee (is the plastic recyclable in your home bin?) - but to put a discarded intact tee into the bin just means that it is now out of circulation, so at some point somebody will have to buy a new plastic tee. Leave any intact tees you don't want to use next to the tee area.

Last edited:

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I normally use white zero friction tees which I got on eBay for cheap about 2 years ago. Been using the same one all season.

On par 3's I will normally use anything i can find.

Would be nice to switch to wooden as ive been told the pros use wooden so they must be better...

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I use two different height tees, the Pride Professional yellow/ white wooden tees for my driver, and 54mm yellow wooden tees for everything else.

Teeing up on premium wooden tees give me the mindset of a pro, :p too bad it doesn't give me the swing.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Wooden tees everytime for me. Best 2 stories:

1. Played in the USA and amused my playing partners by picking up all the discarded wooden tees (there were lots). It was only after the first 9 holes that they told me the tees were free in the starters hut and I could take as many as I wanted. My quick comeback about recycling waste tees didn't alter their perception of my tightness.

2. Kept finding tees on our course that had obviously been through a pencil sharpener. Was informed it was a group of our seniors who took broken tees and sharpened them for reuse. (And I thought I was bad for picking up whole ones!)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
If I use a driver it’d be with a pink castle. Can’t buy them round here so a couple of years back I asked relatives to bring me a couple of packets from UK… I’ve not counted but they must’ve brought near 30 bags of them with about 15 tees per bag. Split the diff and that’s nearly 400 tees or the equivalent of 2 lifetimes worth.. and to top it I’ve not even hit my driver in a year!

Using the 3wood its always with wooden tees but since the course supply free wooden tees anyway I just use them all the time and also use them as a tamper tool for my tobacco pipe (that's a bit like recycling?)

Anyway if I’m 1 of 3 lucky forumers please don't send them, just take them along to a forum meet for everyone to use. I couldn’t imagine the carbon footprint to get them from asia to the UK and then out to the Indian ocean, Greta would be round here tout de suite to punch me in the throat!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyway if I’m 1 of 3 lucky forumers please don't send them, just take them along to a forum meet for everyone to use. I couldn’t imagine the carbon footprint to get them from asia to the UK and then out to the Indian ocean, Greta would be round here tout de suite to punch me in the throat!

You could always stick a couple in her rather large over inflated ego!