Mizuno RB566 golf ball

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Was given one of these at the end of Feb to try. It's a soft compression 2 piece ball. Tbh I've tried mizuno balls before and the cheaper ones tend to be ...well crap, rock hard and the more expensive not any better than any other premium ball, but just more expensive, so was not expecting much.
Was very impressed, soft off the putter, nice high ball flight and more importantly in cold weather, no loss of distance even in very cold conditions. It ran on a bit with long clubs as our greens are pretty hard at present, but on wedge shots I managed get the ball to stop.
And the best bit they are cheap as chips , getting two dozen for under £30.
The only negative I can find is it does scuff up quite a bit and due to the extra smaller dimples which can get dirty and fill with sand and mud. I was needing to us the ball washer on every hole.

For someone with a slower swing speed these should be worth a look.

Last edited:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Was given one of these at the end of Feb to try. It's a soft compression 2 piece ball. Tbh I've tried mizuno balls before and the cheaper ones tend to be ...well crap, rock hard and the more expensive not any better than any other premium ball, but just more expensive, so was not expecting much.
Was very impressed, soft off the putter, nice high ball flight and more importantly in cold weather, no loss of distance even in very cold conditions. It ran on a bit with long clubs as our greens are pretty hard at present, but on wedge shots I managed get the ball to stop.
And the best bit they are cheap as chips , getting two dozen for under £30.
The only negative I can find is it does scuff up quite a bit and due to the extra smaller dimples which can get dirty and fill with sand and mud. I was needing to us the ball washer on every hole.

For someone with a slower swing speed these should be worth a look.

Do you know if this is the replacement for the jpx ball?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Mizuno seem to have had durability issues with all of their balls....RB Tour X is a great ball..just doesn't last very long.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Mizuno seem to have had durability issues with all of their balls....RB Tour X is a great ball..just doesn't last very long.
I'd agree as in my op, the ball scuffed up a fair bit, esp after a couple of well struck wedges it looked like a dog had chewed it. But as its so cheap one per round isn't the end of the world

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Our place during the winter gets muddy. These balls for sometime were my ball of choice. But with the extra Dot dimples they did my flippin head in trying to keep the ball clean.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Bought a dozen yesterday and tried one for a 9 holer today
Pretty happy so far, kept the same ball and got a scuff on it playing out of a bunker but otherwise it was fine

Vastly overpaid for them though so that will stop me getting more for the time being

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Bought a dozen yesterday and tried one for a 9 holer today
Pretty happy so far, kept the same ball and got a scuff on it playing out of a bunker but otherwise it was fine

Vastly overpaid for them though so that will stop me getting more for the time being
Local range here has 2 dozen for £29 which I think is a fair price.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I asked my pro (Mizuno dealers) about these and he said he wouldn't recommend. Finds they come up short of other balls in distance terms and confirmed wear and tear.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I asked my pro (Mizuno dealers) about these and he said he wouldn't recommend. Finds they come up short of other balls in distance terms and confirmed wear and tear.
I'd disagree about distance, I've found they are longer than the other two peice balls I've been using and used in the past, plus at the moment with how cold it's been of late way longer than a prov1

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
OK, shorter for players who hit the ball well? ;)
Maybe, but I'm surprised he's saying they are short as I thought the whole point was it has a higher ball flight for more distance, definitely longer than a q star and super soft I've used over winter.