Wilson DX2 and DX3 golf balls?

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
A senior friend of mine, who is a pretty good golfer, swears by the Wilson DX2 Soft golf ball. Can anybody tell me the difference between the DX2 and the DX3 balls, apart from a £2 per dozen difference in price? :confused:

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
At my level I would probably struggle to tell any difference, but I've noticed then don't come out that well in any ball tests the mags do with regards to spin. And the AD333 is usually the one to go for in that range as long as the differential isn't that much. But if you can get some blemished FG Tours then fill your boots as they are a good ball if you can get the blemished price.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
clearly somethings are too obvious for some people..........

the DX2 is a 2 piece construction

the DX3 is a 3 piece construction

simples

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
I use the DX2 soft's and think they are a very good ball. Not a great fan off the AD333, went from them to Soft feels which I preferred. Couldn't get any soft feels so tried the DX2's and kept them ever since.

Just waiting for the next deal too come up on them.

D

Deleted member 15344

They are very popular at our place but mainly due to the cheap deal that has being done with them

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
they are both 40 compression

they both have the same cover material and dimple pattern (before you go there too)
So do they both feel like hitting marshmellows? I've never tried one as I have never yet found one in the rough (our members tend to use Pro V's!). :mmm:

Last edited:

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
As American Golf were offering a 10% discount to their loyalty card holders, plus a buy one get one at half price offer on Wilson balls, I bought 2 dozen DX3 Soft balls. Have tried them and was not particularly impressed! They feel too soft, even for a short hitting old git like me. Having said that, they do go a decent distance and stop around the greens. However they also seem to take more sidespin on slight miss-hits than my normal ball. I sold one box to a friend at cost price, and he seems to concur with my opinions on them. I'm sure that I will use them up during the Winter, and I won't look that hard if I lose one!

Last edited: