Why you should talk to strangers who clearly play golf

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
So I'm walking back to a local street food market for dinner, carrying another 2 dozen Lynx Tour Soft golf balls (that cost all of £15) and waiting at the lights next to a guy carrying a driver.
So we nod to reach other, and I ask him which balls he plays with, as these things are really good. Pro Vs and Taylor Made he says, so I say maybe these aren't for him.
Yeah, he says, but I get mine free!
Turns out he does all the marketing for Urban Fairways, an indoor golf bar, with three simulators, that I've mentioned in a previous post.
I told him I'd tried it out last weekend and really enjoyed it, but couldn't afford the £65 per hour hire fee during the week (it's only £34 at weekend)
Tell you what, he says, give me your email and I'll book you on for a free hour on Wednesday.
Awesome!!!
So I'm of for a good 'driving range' session tomorrow evening, for nothing.
And all because I struck up a conversion with a stranger who clearly plays golf!

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So I'm walking back to a local street food market for dinner, carrying another 2 dozen Lynx Tour Soft golf balls (that cost all of £15) and waiting at the lights next to a guy carrying a driver.
So we nod to reach other, and I ask him which balls he plays with, as these things are really good. Pro Vs and Taylor Made he says, so I say maybe these aren't for him.
Yeah, he says, but I get mine free!
Turns out he does all the marketing for Urban Fairways, an indoor golf bar, with three simulators, that I've mentioned in a previous post.
I told him I'd tried it out last weekend and really enjoyed it, but couldn't afford the £65 per hour hire fee during the week (it's only £34 at weekend)
Tell you what, he says, give me your email and I'll book you on for a free hour on Wednesday.
Awesome!!!
So I'm of for a good 'driving range' session tomorrow evening, for nothing.
And all because I struck up a conversion with a stranger who clearly plays golf!

I'm assuming he was a slicer.
Try a lady who hits it viciously right to left next time.
:whistle:

KhalJimbo

Head Pro
Visit site
Google only seems to suggest an Urban Fairways golf bar in Singapore? Is that where you're based or is there one in the UK?

Bratty

Visit site
Google only seems to suggest an Urban Fairways golf bar in Singapore? Is that where you're based or is there one in the UK?

Sorry, I'm in Singapore for three weeks of work. Anyone coming over here should check it out, as well as Marina Bay Golf Course, which is the second best public course I've ever played, and beats some other fairly good foreign courses to boot. Pricey at £135, but I wasn't going 3 and without a game!

Three, please note, Singapore not Thailand! ;)

Bratty

Visit site
I'd just stick a Beano annual down the back of your trousers Simon, just in case.....
I'll have one of the local dishes containing sambal or belachan. Hotter than hell, so will be an unpleasant surprise should the worst happen! :D

Bratty

Visit site
Man, you lot are cynical! :)

I'll let you know if I'm walking like John Wayne tomorrow night!

KhalJimbo

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry, I'm in Singapore for three weeks of work. Anyone coming over here should check it out, as well as Marina Bay Golf Course, which is the second best public course I've ever played, and beats some other fairly good foreign courses to boot. Pricey at £135, but I wasn't going 3 and without a game!

Three, please note, Singapore not Thailand! ;)

Right, I've meant to have gone there a few times this year sadly they've been cancelled last minute. Hopefully will be able to get out there sometime with another job soon, I've found a London equivalent though, very interested in these Indoor Golf places.