WHS & Scotland

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Currently the ISVs cannot access the current CDH as it has been suspended without warning. Members of other Unions are told that if they play AWAY qualifying scores at Scottish clubs that they will need to return these by hand to their home clubs, in the absence of any central system for this purpose. Members with a Scottish HOME club must report ALL AWAY scores back to their home club given the absence of the Scottish Golf CDH service.

Apparently the ISVs need to rewrite the interface to WHS as the original specification has not been carried across from the previous Scottish Golf CDH to the new CDH. Scottish Golf has elected to use a different web technology compared to the other 3 Home Unions and their previous service.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Currently the ISVs cannot access the current CDH as it has been suspended without warning. Members of other Unions are told that if they play AWAY qualifying scores at Scottish clubs that they will need to return these by hand to their home clubs, in the absence of any central system for this purpose. Members with a Scottish HOME club must report ALL AWAY scores back to their home club given the absence of the Scottish Golf CDH service.

Apparently the ISVs need to rewrite the interface to WHS as the original specification has not been carried across from the previous Scottish Golf CDH to the new CDH. Scottish Golf has elected to use a different web technology compared to the other 3 Home Unions and their previous service.

And?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I went to a WHS workshop yesterday, the guy doing it was rather dismissive of Scotland not following the rest of the CONGU country in their selection of software provider

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Scottish Golf are on the right track with their software from what I'm told. Will be a brilliant bit of kit once completed/feedback is received and the software tweaked.

Funnily enough the detractors are not based in Scotland but like to have a wee dig when they can.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Scottish Golf are on the right track with their software from what I'm told. Will be a brilliant bit of kit once completed/feedback is received and the software tweaked.

Funnily enough the detractors are not based in Scotland but like to have a wee dig when they can.[/QUOTE

All that glitters is not gold, I have heard a lot of mixed reaction from various clubs and it's not all good.

Scottish Golf doing it's own thing and trying to look after the old cash cow and not the membership/clubs.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Funny enough i mentioned this to my mate who's Nairn Dunbar Captain this year, he had been to an SGU meeting where it was discussed and he gave it a glowing report that it was going to be great, far better than the other alternative.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Scottish Golf doing it's own thing and trying to look after the old cash cow and not the membership/clubs.
I wonder how much it is going to cost for a one off. As opposed to sharing the cost with the rest of CONGU going for an established provider.

My puzzle though, is the decision to pull the plug (temporarily perhaps) on the CDH without any warning.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Funny enough i mentioned this to my mate who's Nairn Dunbar Captain this year, he had been to an SGU meeting where it was discussed and he gave it a glowing report that it was going to be great, far better than the other alternative.

As I said my mate is trialing it at his club and he thinks it's tremendous at certain things and once other issues get addressed (which they're feeding back) it'll be a great bit of kit.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I wonder how much it is going to cost for a one off. As opposed to sharing the cost with the rest of CONGU going for an established provider.

My puzzle though, is the decision to pull the plug (temporarily perhaps) on the CDH without any warning.

Does it concern you?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Apparently the ISVs need to rewrite the interface to WHS as the original specification has not been carried across from the previous Scottish Golf CDH to the new CDH.

Not a clue what that means.
The old CDH and the new CDH and the WHS and the ISVs
Can we have more vowels please?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
the death knell for some of their clubs too, same as here.

I disagree. The ones that may go will already be on the brink. This should help ensure that all green fees in Scotland go directly to the club once the new software is up and running. It should eliminate discount tee times companies from taking money away from the Scottish clubs and games.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I disagree. The ones that may go will already be on the brink. This should help ensure that all green fees in Scotland go directly to the club once the new software is up and running. It should eliminate discount tee times companies from taking money away from the Scottish clubs and games.
i think it those GF deals will just get worse with more guys becoming nomads that just play in summer, esp with our pish weather