SG forcing clubs to accept "Open Play" entrants in Opens

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I may have missed it but are SG saying that clubs must accept entries from such players or may accept entries.
Presumably the software has changed.

wjemather

Visit site
I may have missed it but are SG saying that clubs must accept entries from such players or may accept entries.
Presumably the software has changed.
I'm yet to see any evidence that SG have said (or intend to say) anything at all. This thread started with a question asking if a rumour had any truth in it.

What we do know, is that some clubs are refusing to accept entries to opens from openplay members, or charging them an additional supplement.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is nonsense. The SSS largely took care of that as CR does now, it was the only faulty part of the old system in that ratings were sometimes wrong (too high or low), and it's the part that's been retained so that hasn't changed.
You're off track here... its Slope that makes the difference to strokes received at different courses & I've seen the significant difference it makes when competing against a wide variety of Clubs in our area. WHS is working really well.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
But you said "I'm not sure if they're forcing clubs to accept Open Play entrants, ..."

I don't think anyone has answered specifically whether SG are forcing or demanding that clubs accept entries or simply changing the software to enable clubs to accept entries from OpenGolfers

wjemather

Visit site
But you said "I'm not sure if they're forcing clubs to accept Open Play entrants, ..."

I don't think anyone has answered specifically whether SG are forcing or demanding that clubs accept entries or simply changing the software to enable clubs to accept entries from OpenGolfers
Or (most likely, if anything) changing the software to remove any functionality that facilitates blanket exclusion of OpenPlay golfers.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Or (most likely, if anything) changing the software to remove any functionality that facilitates blanket exclusion of OpenPlay golfers.
Previously, did all entrants to open competitions have to enter their authorised home club name?
What did/does their entry in the WHS master show as? (eg "OpenPlay" or "iGolf" say)

D-S

Visit site
Previously, did all entrants to open competitions have to enter their authorised home club name?
What did/does their entry in the WHS master show as? (eg "OpenPlay" or "iGolf" say)
When you enter your CDH number it shows your club or iGolf in England.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Its shows as Scottish Golf I believe from Opens where I've seen these guys admitted