WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our course was remeasured and re-rated for WHS in September 2019, SSS off whites being increased from 71 to 72 (Course rating 72.0), yellows reduced from 70 to 69 (CR 69.3), and Ladies reds increased from 72 to 73 (CR 73.3) I notice that 2018 and 2019 scores are based upon the new course rating, and although there is sometimes a PCC adjustment, this does not take them down to the CSS on that day. For example, on a day when ladies CSS was 71, the Course Rating less PCC is 72.3.

Am I right in thinking that this is incorrect? There are so many little niggles with the new system that I am beginning to doubt myself.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
But Im on ClubV1 and Wales Golf Clubhouse, not the English portal. Might make a difference.

ahh possibly....might be wise when folks report an issue or ask for someone else to check something that they specify Rose, Daffodil, Shamrock or Thistle :)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our course was remeasured and re-rated for WHS in September 2019, SSS off whites being increased from 71 to 72 (Course rating 72.0), yellows reduced from 70 to 69 (CR 69.3), and Ladies reds increased from 72 to 73 (CR 73.3) I notice that 2018 and 2019 scores are based upon the new course rating, and although there is sometimes a PCC adjustment, this does not take them down to the CSS on that day. For example, on a day when ladies CSS was 71, the Course Rating less PCC is 72.3.

Am I right in thinking that this is incorrect? There are so many little niggles with the new system that I am beginning to doubt myself.
What is showing in the PCC column?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Only Scotland went their own way.

But the Welsh and the Irish use a different portal to interface with their ISV's dont they? I'm assuming that would be the case given that I cannot see any Welsh or Irish clubs in the DotGolf portal that I have access to?

So the fact that the portal is different (even if its based on the same infrastructure/code) is potentially relevant.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What is showing in the PCC column?

To give an example, one ladies score in July 2019 was gross 96. Course rating 73.3 - PCC 1 = 72.3 so score to slope is 23.7. With a slope of 132 the differential is showing as 20.3.

However the CSS on that day was 71 (SSS 72 - 1). Should the score before the slope adjustment be 96 - 71 = 25, with the differential becoming 21.4?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
To give an example, one ladies score in July 2019 was gross 96. Course rating 73.3 - PCC 1 = 72.3 so score to slope is 23.7. With a slope of 132 the differential is showing as 20.3.

However the CSS on that day was 71 (SSS 72 - 1). Should the score before the slope adjustment be 96 - 71 = 25, with the differential becoming 21.4?
I'm puzzled. You say the CR was 73.3 but the SSS is 72. Why not 73?

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm puzzled. You say the CR was 73.3 but the SSS is 72. Why not 73?

In September 2019 the ladies red course was re-rated. Previously the SSS was 72, the reassessment increased it to 73, with a CR of 73.3. Scores in 2018 and 2019 all have a CR of 73.3, but surely it should be 72, with PCC adjustments to reflect the CSS on the day.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
In September 2019 the ladies red course was re-rated. Previously the SSS was 72, the reassessment increased it to 73, with a CR of 73.3. Scores in 2018 and 2019 all have a CR of 73.3, but surely it should be 72, with PCC adjustments to reflect the CSS on the day.
The transition software seem to be having problems with tee rating changes. One difficulty would be with getting a slope from 'old' SSS rated courses

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Might explain some of the delays - from Club Systems.

Regarding scores not going to the WHS - Handicap changes and PCC downloaded to ClubV1 at midnight while Scores should upload from ClubV1 to WHS instantly. Now, unfortunately there is an issue with England Golf’s API that would be causing sync issues with the WHS and all ISV providers. We are working with England Golf to resolve these issues however we are experiencing difficulties with due to time zone difference as the company providing the WHS platform is based in New Zealand. We will continue to keep Clubs updated via notifications in ClubV1 and the status page on the Club Systems website here https://www.clubsystems.com/service-status. This will be causing sync issues sending scores to the WHS – I can only advise waiting till these issues have been resolved before we try to resolve scores not uploading to the WHS.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
From HM

We understand that DotGolf has re-activated the Handicap Score record API for clubs in England (previously disabled by DotGolf on Tuesday).
However, the data is missing "Score Differential" values and this is causing HandicapMaster software to issue an "Unexpected Error" when the Handicap Record is requested in HandicapMaster.
The DotGolf WHS test system is not exhibiting this problem and we therefore presume this is a problem with the WHS production service only. We await further advice from DotGolf.
HandicapMaster Ltd.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have been waiting 3 days now for an answer on corrupt members data on the dashboard, nothing. Time to bin EG and find an organisation capable of dealing with current problems and run the project. Employing a firm the other side of the world and not insist that they work to our time zone is ludicrous.

Frustrated and close to having enough.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Has anyone hag any experience of entering an 'away' general play (supplementary) score.
Is it supposed to be entered at the 'away' club ot back at home. If the latter, is it in the ISV software or directly in the WHS platform?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Has anyone hag any experience of entering an 'away' general play (supplementary) score.
Is it supposed to be entered at the 'away' club ot back at home. If the latter, is it in the ISV software or directly in the WHS platform?
Go into scores on the dashboard, bring up the player and then do a search on the course, haven’t gone any further but I assume (I know) it’s straightforward from there.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

I think it might have to be done at the actual "away" club. Looking at the release notes for our HandicpMaster software and the changes between the pre and post WHS software I find the following note...

It is no longer possible to enter scores returned at another venue, due to WHS licencing restrictions by the UK and Ireland National Unions.

This seems to imply that you cannot do it and I can find no facility in our ISV software to allow an "away" score to be recorded. Also I cannot find anywhere in the WHS platform where I can enter an away score....restricts me to only adding scores from our home club.

Edited following Old Skiers post...can be done as he describes in the WHS portal.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think it might have to be done at the actual "away" club. Looking at the release notes for our HandicpMaster software and the changes between the pre and post WHS software I find the following note...

It is no longer possible to enter scores returned at another venue, due to WHS licencing restrictions by the UK and Ireland National Unions.

This seems to imply that you cannot do it and I can find no facility in our ISV software to allow an "away" score to be recorded. Also I cannot find anywhere in the WHS platform where I can enter an away score....restricts me to only adding scores from our home club.

Edited following Old Skiers post...can be done as he describes in the WHS portal.

Swango1980

Visit site
I played at another course on Wednesday. I asked at te pro shop if we could register our rounds and enter our scores afterwards. The pro was a little unsure, but said it was unlikely. Their PSI screen was on, but it can only be used to find members of that club. So, we decided to not bother in the end.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played at another course on Wednesday. I asked at te pro shop if we could register our rounds and enter our scores afterwards. The pro was a little unsure, but said it was unlikely. Their PSI screen was on, but it can only be used to find members of that club. So, we decided to not bother in the end.

@Swango1980 just had a play on V1 and although I’m not able to test it on a PSI from V1, you do a lookup and put the visitor on the system and enter him as a casual round, I suspect once your on the system you can do it on the PSI the same way as you do a supplementary score.

Swango1980

Visit site
@Swango1980 just had a play on V1 and although I’m not able to test it on a PSI from V1, you do a lookup and put the visitor on the system and enter him as a casual round, I suspect once your on the system you can do it on the PSI the same way as you do a supplementary score.
Will the player be able to do that themselves on PSI, or will.it be down to someone at club to do it for them, or at least find their name so they can enter score?