WHS doesn't work

wjemather

Visit site
I like how that's what you pick up on :ROFLMAO:

Because they want to? I don't know or care to be honest, just know people at my club have played "matches" but as if its stroke play and they hole out for the full 18 - then they submit it
Again I really don't care what others are up to. The committee have no clue at my place and It wont change. Half of them would be guilty of this.

PCC was the origin of my post and no one has got a suggestion on that.
That's what gets picked up because the rest of your post didn't have anything of concern or that hasn't been done to death on these threads already.

Your Handicap Committee need to be made aware so they can put a stop to it (and delete any known unacceptable scores).

Last edited:

wjemather

Visit site
Another whinge for pcc. 2 comps on Sunday, one mens, one womens. Womens course set up hard as nails all back tees forced carries maximised, all yrouble brought into play, they all got hammered by rain in the morning but despite this massive entry to well liked open event. Mens set up in exact opposite way, only a few played in still sunshine and shot the lights out. PCC went to +3 for men and women despite in effect 2 comps on two a different courses....
The club could request separate PCC calculations - and hopefully they'll receive a reminder that they should not be setting the course up this way.

wjemather

Visit site
Hmm, I definitely remember playing match and strokeplay in a single round got you dq'd from both...

The feeling I get is England golf want you to enter strokeplay numbers everytime you tee it up, I wonder if that rule is now being overlooked....
Allowing stroke play and match play simultaneously is at the discretion of the competition committee - when allowed, the rules of stroke play must be followed, and if not allowed then you'll be DQd for doing so. Playing both is a practice that has never been encouraged, and I'm not aware of EG having ever suggested playing stroke every time.

Last edited:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Allowing stroke play and match play simultaneously is at the discretion of the competition committee - when allowed, the rules of stroke play must be followed, and if not then you'll be DQd for doing so. Playing both is a practice that has never been encouraged, and I'm not aware of EG having ever suggested playing stroke every time.

off topic, I've done it several times and found it very easy to adapt to so I'm not sure why its discouraged (I'm not covered by EG) very handy in getting matches played on a strokeplay comp day (forum notorious for tales of getting MP organised) I would've thunk it'd actually be encouraged

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hmm, I definitely remember playing match and strokeplay in a single round got you dq'd from both...

The feeling I get is England golf want you to enter strokeplay numbers everytime you tee it up, I wonder if that rule is now being overlooked....
England Golf specifically say Matchplay scores are not acceptable even if all holes are completed.

Last edited:

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
There's been a lot of posts on this topic along the lines "PCC isn't working In the comp today nobody bettered 34 points and PCC was 0".
But what about the general play cards put in outside of the comp, there could be a few cards put in with average score differentials, these would effect the PCC as well

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its a fixed number you can base your results against... same as CR (a constant)
Par is simply the sum of the pars arbitrarily allocated to the individual holes. A par 4 can be anywhere between 240 & 490 yards. ie the course could be 4320 or 8820 and still par 72.
What does that tell you about difficulty? PCC is about how difficult the specific course and conditions were on that day

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
There's been a lot of posts on this topic along the lines "PCC isn't working In the comp today nobody bettered 34 points and PCC was 0".
But what about the general play cards put in outside of the comp, there could be a few cards put in with average score differentials, these would effect the PCC as well

My Sunday round was general play!

Saturday there was an arranged comp.

Ive just never seen a PCC kick in on a non-comp day at my place before this Sunday - and for it to be 3 seems pretty wild to me!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
That's what gets picked up because the rest of your post didn't have anything of concern or that hasn't been done to death on these threads already.

Your Handicap Committee need to be made aware so they can put a stop to it (and delete any known unacceptable scores).

But as I said, plenty of the committee do this and in fact have facilitated players being grouped together in what would normally be random draw stroke play comps to get matches played concurrently.

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
Par is simply the sum of the pars arbitrarily allocated to the individual holes. A par 4 can be anywhere between 240 & 490 yards. ie the course could be 4320 or 8820 and still par 72.
What does that tell you about difficulty? PCC is about how difficult the specific course and conditions were on that day

Nothing on its own, its the relationship between it and the score on the day I'm looking at...

Swango1980

Visit site
off topic, I've done it several times and found it very easy to adapt to so I'm not sure why its discouraged (I'm not covered by EG) very handy in getting matches played on a strokeplay comp day (forum notorious for tales of getting MP organised) I would've thunk it'd actually be encouraged
There are different rules for each format, which is why it is not encouraged. Combining them means the compromise is that stroke play rules take priority. This is obviously not ideal for match play (if it was, they'd just make the rules the same for both after all).

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
There are different rules for each format, which is why it is not encouraged. Combining them means the compromise is that stroke play rules take priority. This is obviously not ideal for match play (if it was, they'd just make the rules the same for both after all).

Yeah totally get it, although its not really much of a compromise to play a match to strokeplay rules (at least for me) and easily outweighed by the benefits