WHS abuse

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
I’ve always assumed every score uploaded on to the system either needs your card signing off or needs verification by someone digitally via on MYEG / email etc.

Seems like anyone can just upload a score without a marker.

Is this how it works at all clubs?

One person is under investigation at present and seems the system is rife for abuse. Something I cannot get my head around.

Attachments

• 4178B527-C311-4F54-88AB-99BE5E2773B4.jpeg
    4178B527-C311-4F54-88AB-99BE5E2773B4.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 220
  • F806769D-EEFA-44DB-94F0-822080BD3119.jpeg
    F806769D-EEFA-44DB-94F0-822080BD3119.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 218

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Through the MyEG app, you need someone with the app to verify/attest.

I believe the system gives 48 hours to verify, otherwise a penalty score is applied. This is likely to be CR+HI so that there are no changes to index, or at least any change is small. These will be marked with a small 'P' next to the score.

If scores are submitted by Intelligent Golf, HDiD or Master Scoreboard...it is up to the club to ensure the correct verification procedures are put in place. When it first came about, I could submit a score around my home course using IG without any verification required. Felt wrong, so I only did it the once, and then used MyEG.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Haha, wow. If he was trying to avoid detection then entering three identical rounds on the same day wasn't the smoothest move. :unsure: That's hilarious. :LOL:

You do not know whether or not he managed to get 3 rounds in during one day and without seeing the hole scores it may just be coincidence that the gross was identical in each roundo_O

wjemather

Visit site
I’ve always assumed every score uploaded on to the system either needs your card signing off or needs verification by someone digitally via on MYEG / email etc.

Seems like anyone can just upload a score without a marker.

Is this how it works at all clubs?

One person is under investigation at present and seems the system is rife for abuse. Something I cannot get my head around.
All scores for handicapping must be verified by a marker who witnessed the scores - this is usually done electronically (via an app) or physically (via a scorecard). As with many things in golf, the system relies on the integrity of individual players.
Note: scores submitted via the MyEG app that are not attested will still get added to the record but are flagged as Penalty Scores.

Any player that suspects a player is submitting scores and not complying with these requirements has the responsibility to report it to their handicap committee. However, a competent Handicap Committee should pick up on such things fairly quickly. Sadly, there are many clubs that are being let down (or letting themselves down) in this regard. Any players who feel this is the case where they are should raise it through their club, county, national union, etc.

Mandofred

Visit site
I use IG almost all of the time. Register when I'm starting out, input the scores afterwards and have one of the people I'm playing with sign off on it with their scores down as well, then it requires me to take a photo of the card and finalize everything. I could cheat any time if I wanted. Since I've joined the new club towards the end of March I've turned in 42 scores, with only 2 of them being comps.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Haha, wow. If he was trying to avoid detection then entering three identical rounds on the same day wasn't the smoothest move. :unsure: That's hilarious. :LOL:
The first time I tried uploading a score on my phone I did exactly the same thing. The first time I didn't realise the score had been accepted, so I tried again and a third time when I thought the second time hadn't worked. It was only the next day when I checked, that I noticed what I had done. A call to the club soon put it right and it appears that it was not an uncommon occurrence.

sjw

Visit site
alternatively...don't read it :unsure:

We have a 23 page thread currently called "WHS doesn't work". It's moaned about in every thread, from threads about "I just played", to threads about comps, rules etc... There needs to be some clamping down from the mods, or the ability to hide threads (this may already be possible)

Mandofred

Visit site
We have a 23 page thread currently called "WHS doesn't work". It's moaned about in every thread, from threads about "I just played", to threads about comps, rules etc... There needs to be some clamping down from the mods, or the ability to hide threads (this may already be possible)
Relax.....it's not a big deal. There are a lot of threads I don't read at all if the topic isn't something I'm interested in.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
I saw this as a thread about abusing the system because of the new ways of scoring. Not a specified WHS thing.

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site

Get a grip of yourself fella. Spending all that time on the forum has got to your brain

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
All scores for handicapping must be verified by a marker who witnessed the scores - this is usually done electronically (via an app) or physically (via a scorecard). As with many things in golf, the system relies on the integrity of individual players.
Note: scores submitted via the MyEG app that are not attested will still get added to the record but are flagged as Penalty Scores.

Any player that suspects a player is submitting scores and not complying with these requirements has the responsibility to report it to their handicap committee. However, a competent Handicap Committee should pick up on such things fairly quickly. Sadly, there are many clubs that are being let down (or letting themselves down) in this regard. Any players who feel this is the case where they are should raise it through their club, county, national union, etc.

I believe none of his last 10 cards have been signed off.

Must be an issue with the club then?

wjemather

Visit site
I believe none of his last 10 cards have been signed off.

Must be an issue with the club then?
It is almost impossible to miss 3 identical scores from the same individual on one day - unless the reports are not being looked at.

We've had one person do this kind of thing by accident (on more than one occasion), by somehow repeatedly putting in previous scores instead of that day's score and then putting that day's score in later. Also, when the MyEG app first came out, a few people were posting scores via both MyEG and the club's system. Very easy to spot even if you're doing minimal checking.

IanMcC

Visit site
I have had to phone 8 or 9 people this season for multiple entries. In almost every case they didnt think the app had taken the entry first time. in one case the guy did play 2 rounds, with the same adjusted gross.