Who do you know on here?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
As someone who joined the forum just over 4 years ago, I didnt know anybody on here when I joined. I've played all the Old Farts v Whippersnappers meets, a couple of H4H's and met up with a few people locally for a game either at their place or Stoneham when I was a member. So I have met quite a few people, but wouldnt nessecarily say I know them. I dont particularly post that much on here either, so quite likely an opinion of me from my postings will be quite vague.

Reading a lot of topics, generally the argumentative ones, it seems that a lot of people know each other better/more than the interactions I have had, or is this all just based on their online personas? Did people join the forum knowing others, or have you mainly got to know them since being here?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I didn't know anyone before joining. I've played with a few on here, either in NE meets or more often I've met up in friendly games, opens etc that are not forum linked. The NE lads are a small bunch but all are friendly and good to play a game with.

The others on the forum I only know their online persona's, I have not been to the mega meets.

Wolf

Visit site
Met a few guys at the TM day last summer I'm crap with names though so if you ask me to name them I'd be clueless but I'd recognise them easily ?

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I feel like I know quite a few but have never met anyone in person. Used to be on the Golf Magic forum back in the day and drifted over here.

D

Deleted member 21258

I didn't know anyone before I joined and wouldn't really say I know anyone now. Played a few times with people from here outside the forum at clubs I belong to and only played at someone elses club from here once.

So probably could summarise to say I don't really know many people from here(two to be more exact) and its unlikely to change from now on.:LOL:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
All the north west guys were very nice to me when I moved to liverpool for 4 years. Was invited to play countless board members home courses.
Joined lee park as there was 3 guys off here that played there.

Really appreciated it.

Met more board members on a few big meets. Those were the days. :)

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been on here for over 12 years (OK, I'm a glutton for punishment) and attended possibly the 1st meet in the SE. Probably met 100 or more Forumers in that time and never found one I wouldn't want to play golf with. Of those I would say there 30/40 I know quite well with maybe a dozen or so as friends. I know them well enough that I can take the P out of them and know that they think I'm only joking ......

D

Deleted member 16999

Done a few meets/events, know more by face and sometimes confused by username v actual name.
Echo Lord T’s comments on the NE guys and some are larger in life than on here.