Where do you play

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 31467

That's not relevant to what I've asked. The club might have said they want to host an Open - it would be silly but they still might have said it!
Maybe they have which makes them look pretty stupid if they did. but I think it's the youtuber that said which doesn't make him very bright either.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You would hope that anyone worth their salt within golf marketing or running the golf club wouldn’t at any stage even jokingly suggest hosting The Open in any sort of public domain
Agreed - most likely scenario, maybe they said they want to host a pro event and the YouTube feller put 2 and 2 together and made about 9.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agreed - most likely scenario, maybe they said they want to host a pro event and the YouTube feller put 2 and 2 together and made about 9.

I know we hosted the Essex open a few years in a row and the east Anglian open

Will all depend on the 3rd 9 aswell which is currently being built

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
My home course is Honiton (in Devon).

This is where Crossfield does his tips videos.
My mate found one of Crossfield's balls on the course.
We know it's his because it was a Z-star with his silly caricature face on it.
It was in a gorse bush left of the 17th, in a place that even I can carry off the tee.
Not sure I will trust his "how to hit the driver straight" tip any more 😆

JayB

Visit site
I play at Gloucestershire's only MacKenzie course -- www.lilleybrook.co.uk
I sort of played Lilley Brook a few years ago, unfortunately a nice sensible par on the 1st was the highlight of the day for me, a couple of holes in my back went, It was only because I was with my lad who wanted a practice round prior to a junior open that I carried on.

Despite this it was a nice place and I must go back at some point to really enjoy it

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
South coast seaside town. Where the Black Death first came to England. Short tight parkland course. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but as I only live a mile away it’s convenient.

D

Deleted member 1740

Nomad at the minute due to running around after the kids taxi'ing them to football/drama school/work.

My lads team has stopped playing Sundays as the league they were in dont do a U14's and the alternatives were too far for some parents.

My daughter has started working so i'm not needed as much during the day, just need to be there to pick her up of an evening.

Will start to look into joining somewhere for next year.