When will it end?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
And down Surrey heathland way - it sounds like locally we are not alone in struggling with the rain. Hindhead, Hankley Common, The Army - possibly also Guildford - all closed. Camberley Heath was open yesterday but all temps and virtually unplayable due to conditions underfoot A little observation - is CH the only one of these clubs mentioned that isnt a members club?

Add Cuddington to that list. We'd survived so far but popped in today, 18th green & putting green ponding well (main greens are USGA spec, not sure about the putting green), temporary greens and powered trolleys banned. Might not be bothering with the comp on Saturday morning.

Edit; meant to add chalk base, very free draining, so we only usually suffer through snow because of the relative altitude

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Got to say that I have really really dropped on this winter season re the days I have played golf and the weather ave played in. Playing a comp tomorrow and one of me partners has said a txt saying playing in the sunshiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

the course is called mud wood in jest but has I temp tee and no temp greens. It is playing gorgeous and is a credit to the often slated green keepers.

now ave said said al get flipping drenched tomorrow.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Heading out later for a game. Forecast is dry all day with sunshine from lunchtime onwards, should be just about perfect.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Heading out later for a game. Forecast is dry all day with sunshine from lunchtime onwards, should be just about perfect.

you know how to make some of us feel good :)

Anyway - I don't do jealousies or holding resentment so enjoy sir!

(I best not phone my mum today - she'll be telling me how lovely, sunny and dry it is Glasgow South-side - but as I said - I don't do ...)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just driven past the club and if the adjoining fields are anything to go by a canoe would be the preferred method of transport.
Large chunks of Aylesbury are under water and the stream that runs through the course and a nearby estate has burst its banks.
With more coming tonight and tomorrow I'm going to guess at another 2 weeks before we can play
I haven't seen flooding like this in the 25 years I've lived here....

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just driven past the club and if the adjoining fields are anything to go by a canoe would be the preferred method of transport.
Large chunks of Aylesbury are under water and the stream that runs through the course and a nearby estate has burst its banks.
With more coming tonight and tomorrow I'm going to guess at another 2 weeks before we can play
I haven't seen flooding like this in the 25 years I've lived here....

Maybe when they realise they'll need a Catamaran setting for HS2 it won't seem so viable!

Fully expecting a weekend of Sky Sports at least there's plenty going on elsewhere. Might even have a visit to the range at World of Golf expensive as it is!

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Well its eventually caught up with us, were closed today after an early and subsequent later inspection.

rain.gif

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
range tonight if all the balls aren't plugged lol.

Just had my van towed out of flood water en route to a job, 2 vivaro's side by side stuck haha, luckily a passing 4x4 towed us both out but water has got in the side as was above door level so all my tools etc are drenched.... in the process of drying everything off. Not looking forward to working tomorrow as looking proper bad :(

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The rain yesterday has led to my club cutting the course down to a composite 14 holes for the weekend. That means no comp on Sunday. I may get out for a knock but much depends on the rain tonight. A downpour tonight could easily shut the course tomorrow.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Here in Sunny Florida, it is 12 degrees, windy raining and course is so wet that they have banned buggies.
Mr mimms and I are going to cinema this afternoon instead!

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It would have been nice to get out for a knock today as it was dry but now resigned to the fact that it will be heavy rain all day tomorrow so no chance of a game :(

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very enjoyable round this morning, 18 open, only two on temps. Bit squelchy in places (the perma-swamp between first tee and fairway) but not too bad at all. Beautiful warm sunny day.