When will it end?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Had an email on the 6th saying "Course closed"
Haven't had one to tell me it's open but then I don't play weekend so I don't really care a whole lot..!
Planning a round on Monday but there's plenty of rain due to drop between now and then with more coming midweek...
Might have to go back up to Chiltern Forest and get my mountain climbing gear out.......

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Had an email on the 6th saying "Course closed"
Haven't had one to tell me it's open but then I don't play weekend so I don't really care a whole lot..!
Planning a round on Monday but there's plenty of rain due to drop between now and then with more coming midweek...
Might have to go back up to Chiltern Forest and get my mountain climbing gear out.......

You know it must have been bad when the Bedford has been closed (and even now only has 11 holes open)

Id be amazed if we are open again before middle of the week at the best, and if the fcast rain for Tuesday is right much later than that

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Course was somehow open but after 9 holes of getting soaked and battered by the wind that was enough. One good thing though was that the rain cleaned the mud off the waterproofs.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
rain pretty much all week ahead. No respite at all. Looks like I was wise not renewing as will be almost 2 months unplayable anyway by the time courses recover :p

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Im a Scout Leader and we run an annual competition hike called "the Quest" its 12 miles with 16 activity bases in the Chiltern Hills , starting at 3pm till midnight

Was due to be today, but its been postponed as half the footpaths are under a foot of water / mud and many of the base sites are flooded out

Add to that the predicted high winds and it wouldn't have been much fun for the little peeps, some of whom are only 10

Here are some pics of our course at Aylesbury apgc.jpg
apgc2.jpg

Might be some time before it opens

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Planned to play Epsom tomorrow as it had survived to date. According to the website event that's closed today and so tomorrow looking doubtful. Even a regular practiser like me is getting bored of bashing ball after ball to keep the swing ticking over. The ranges are struggling to get enough balls back in to keep going and so if they close down I'm reduced to radical measures like spending "quality time" with the wife. Please god no

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Planned to play Epsom tomorrow as it had survived to date. According to the website event that's closed today and so tomorrow looking doubtful. Even a regular practiser like me is getting bored of bashing ball after ball to keep the swing ticking over. The ranges are struggling to get enough balls back in to keep going and so if they close down I'm reduced to radical measures like spending "quality time" with the wife. Please god no

Look on the bright side Homer, Mrs H can't get you to decorate due to recent move:whoo:

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
It emptied down last night here but somehow our course was still open. Not complaining as I needed the exercise. I took thus pic as I have never in my membership seen this part of the course any worse than damp. 3 feet under at its deepest.
20140208_125040.jpg

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Look on the bright side Homer, Mrs H can't get you to decorate due to recent move:whoo:

On the bright, bright side its a new build and so no decorating to do. Garden under water in the back so can't do that either. Long lie in while she goes to the shops and a day in front of the J'burg open and the sport although as a Fulham fan the afternoon game fills me with dread. On the bright, bright, bright side spoke to my mate who's a member at Epsom and he reckons they have a mens comp tomorrow and so protecting it for that so it'll be game on

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
We had 8 holes open today, though I wasn't playing.

Penumltimate round of the divisional stages of our 4BBB Winter League tomorrow, they usually do their level best to open the course for it but with a lot of rain forecast for tonight I have my doubts that we'll be playing tomorrow. :(

Alan P Mills

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I used to play Calcot Park quite a bit as a kid, when I was a member at Reading. It always had a reputation for being damp, though in 1976 the pond in front of one of the par 3's dried out. Those were the days.;)

That would be the 7th. No chance of it drying out at the moment.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
We've only been fully closed 3 days to date, 2 of those being this weekend, but, we are advertising quite aggressively for new members by offering 14 months for 12 and dropping the joining fee from £500 to only £125. I think they are rightly or wrongly using the current conditions knowing most if not all clubs around us have been closed for weeks not just a few days like us!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Didn't get to play Epsom today. My own place was open for nine holes only but can't see any mileage playing in such a strong wind and squally showers. On the bright side, HID has been baking and fresh, home made bread for sandwiches at lunch, blueberry muffins and sausage rolls to munch watching the sport this afternoon