When will it end?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's lashing down and blowing another hoolie. HID is out in a comp later on and I think he's wishing the cousre was closed.

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Whole 18 open still, just can't play this morning. But will get 2 rounds In tomorrow as the weather is going to be good.
One in an internal matchplay, where England need to get 3 more points then Ireland to avoid the wooden spoon :p

Wonder if we'd have to drop the Scottish team if they get independence :p

Then a friendly knock with my mate so he can get out.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Closed due to a power failure!?

Must be a H&S thing. Windy and dryish till tomorrow, so good chance of playing 2morow.

D

Deleted member 17920

Going to grab at quick 18 in this afternoon, teeing off around 1pm, should be interesting to say the least.:eek:

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Still blowing and raining. HID off soon. My lessons cancelled as they've still not cleared the practice ground after all the damage on Wednesday. I might be a nutter and go out to play later.........

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
The news just gets worse!!!

Bad news: Course closed

Catastrophic news: Valentines mixed 4somes cancelled!!!!! :eek:

At least something will stay dry today! ;)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We're closed again.
We did have Biblical rain yesterday until about 9 so I'm not surprised.
And its blowin' a Hoolie too so I'm quite happy...

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Closed for the weekend. No problem with me as you would have to pay me to go out in strong winds or driving rain. No fun at all and that is what the game is supposed to be is it not?
Have not even been down the range for a few weeks as the same principle applies. Hitting balls then watching them hit the wind and disappear, while the elements are getting you cold and wet simply do not appeal.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
8 holes open today, wind blowing hard.

I enjoyed it and played quite well, 4 GIR on the first four holes, parred the first three and three putted the fourth, finished hitting a 5 iron into the teeth of the wind, which was also a little off the left, 120 yards to the temp green, nailed it and it held up with a little draw to find the temp green and I made my par.

Hopefully the wind will be drying the course and with just the odd light shower forecast we should be open for 18 tomorrow. :D

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Utterly amazed to hear we are fully open today, the heavy winds negating most of the rain. Tees and greens are fine some of the fairways very wet (i expect borderline unplayable) and we only lost 1 tree overnight. Looks like Im playing a match in the morning then lol

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
We are closed today, and it wouldn't surprise me if we have had some trees down. Gale last night and our electric was cut off over night and most of this morning. Oh and it has just started throwing it down again.:(

D

Deleted member 15344

Very high winds whilst out playing this morning

Enjoyable though as it was bright sunshine

Made it interesting

Vikingman

Head Pro
Visit site
Played this morning.

Light rain and wind when we tee'd off.

Which progressively got worse until the comp was abandoned when we were on the 11th.

The thing was, despite the weather I wasn't playing too badly.

But the whole thing (very wet in places underfoot) just lead to a depressing experience.