When will it end?

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well I may not be playing today as Mrs H is out and I have a puppy to look after, but I have just taken said puppy for a walk and what an absolutely stunning day it is out there. After all the dross we've had recently, it's nice to know there are some good days to be had. As for the course, front nine open and with a promising forecast this week there's a chance we could be fully open next weekend. Light at the end of the tunnel maybe?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Utterly amazed how well our course has held up. Dont get me wrong the greens could do with a cut (or at least a roll) and theres a fair bit of debris to be cleared up (some from the storms, some from thinning works they were doing to the trees) but had a thoroughly enjoyable 18 this am

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
10 holes on temps open today so heading out after lunch with HiD :)

On full greens by time we got there, fairways muddy and sopping in places, 3 big trees down but greens not too bad, 18 points for 9 holes we played in warm sunshine and just under 90 mins so pretty much millionaires golf :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Spent the morning at the club hitting off grass. Practice ground drying out nicely. With only nine holes open and everyone wanting to play huge queues at the first and it was taking nearly five hours which is unheard of at the club. I hit it well but then had a great chipping session (linear method) and nice to get the putter out again. Spoke to the powers that be and apparently the back nine is still in a bad state with surface water and waterlogging and I still have reservations about the chances it'll be fully open next week

John

Club Champion
Visit site
Glad I didn't bother watching the Swans reserves in the facup and got out instead. Lovely weather, pretty much dry apart from a couple of areas and shot a pb of 4 over. Only a short track but it's pretty tight and not easy. Happy I went out, got a lesson tuesday which will certainly derail things.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Course was in pretty good nick today. Couple of big trees down, but none that really affected play. The single ones on 4 and 15 still standing unfortunately.;)

Lost on the 19th in the winter foursomes, so no defence of the title. Did lose to 5 and 6 handicappers that played the 19 holes in two over gross, so not disgraced.

D

Deleted member 17920

Played 18 with 2blue today and the course was in fantastic condition, weather was just incredible today and it felt spring like when the sun was out and you could hear the birds in the background. Only 1 small patch of water on the 14th in the rough 80 yards from the green.

D

Deleted member 15344

Utterly amazed how well our course has held up. Dont get me wrong the greens could do with a cut (or at least a roll) and theres a fair bit of debris to be cleared up (some from the storms, some from thinning works they were doing to the trees) but had a thoroughly enjoyable 18 this am

Great to hear - both the course and the injury recovery :thup:

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
30 trees blown over yesterday but the green staff cleared all of them from the fairways today and course was fully playable....beautiful day thanks to some amazing green keepers.. :thup: