When will it end?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hit the practice ground today. Wind was bitter and it was a tad soul destroying but got some good work done on pitching and chipping using the linear method. Course, well the front nine, looked to be holding up ok but would have been hard as the wind was still pretty strong. All things considered we could be a lot worse off

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
All our winter comps have officially been suspended until we can play 18 holes - and only then will decision be made on when next rounds to be played by and subsequent rounds rescheduled. This could be well into March the way things are going. Nice day today so would have helped course dry out on the surface - but another deluge it seems forecast for tonight and tomorrow - so back to where we started today. If we could only get a consecutive handful of days dry we'd be getting there - but that doesn't seem on the cards for a fair bit.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not looking good for the weekend but on the plus side, next week's forecast, at least for now, is looking a whole lot better. Fingers crossed they are right

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Just as I get dressed ready for my 12noon tee time, it starts raining and the trees look like their at 45 degree angles!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
The weathers been horrendous for the last 6 weeks.
On Sunday the weathers going to be the best its been in that 6 weeks.
Just in time for our Southwest K of K comp.
All of a sudden im feeling blessed.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
My winter league got cancelled as it was chucking it down at 12noon so I went into the club for a beer, around 1pm the rain stopped and a few lads who were hovering said, lets go for it, so we did!

10 hole comp was agreed amongst ourselves as 2 x 3-balls, best 2 scores to count and all 3 to score on the par3's.

My 3-ball nailed it with 58 points over the 10 holes and took the money in some testing conditions, that's 12 under :eek:

Although I blobbed the 1st and then double bogied the 2nd, I then went on to get 4 pars and a birdie to score 24 points over the 10 holes :whistle:

Just what I needed prior to my trip to B&B :thup:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
We closed this afternoon.:eek: Hopefully will be ok for foursomes match on Sunday. Blowing a gale Surrey/Hants border at the moment, and the lights are flicking on and off. Now where are those candles ?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Still on a composite 14 hole course today. Miracle that they have managed that. Rain and strong winds at the moment. If the course is open the weather needs to calm down a bit before I consider playing.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just driven home from Luton to MK, geez that was a bit hairy. Hard to believe how much debris is down and a fair few trees gone, dread to think how some must be faring, hope everyone is home safe and there isnt too much damage

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
2nd Saturday in a row: Closed.

Nothing you can do about it but during the week the status has been changed during the day on a couple of occasions. Yet here we are on Saturday, the forecast looks dry and it hasn't rained much overnight so there's every chance the front nine will be playable at some point. But today, as last Saturday, the course has been closed for the day after the 7am inspection, this time citing both the rain and strong winds. Yesterday we also had strong winds yet were just advised to be careful. You would have thought on the busiest day of the week there would be another review around lunchtime would you not?