When Were You Introduced To STAR WARS?

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm too young to have seen the originals when they first came out and first saw the films at the cinema in the 90's when they had been digitally enhanced and loved them ever since.

At the weekend my four year old saw A New Hope for the first time and loved it, he's now halfway through the Empire Strikes Back.

Mentioned this at work today and everyone has seen the films, can remember where and when they saw them and no one had a bad word about them.

So, when did you see them and does anyone dislike them!?

Adrena1in

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I can't remember the first time I saw the originals, but it was around about the time they first came out...I was 6 or 7 when Star Wars: A New Hope was released. Loved them, still do.

Don't have much good to say about the more modern three prequels though.

I certainly envy people who've never seen them before. Same with the Lord of the Rings films.

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Don't have much good to say about the more modern three prequels though.

I certainly envy people who've never seen them before. Same with the Lord of the Rings films.
Modern prequels? Mr Lucas made but three episdodes and then stopped :D

As for LOTR, never been able to get into them. The wife has them on DVD and I keep threatening to watch them again but never have.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I saw the first one at Gerrards Cross Cinema in 1978 on its release. Saw the Empire Strikes back at a drive in in America whilst on holiday when it had just been released then it was back to Gerrards cross for Return of the Jedi.

That opening scene in Star Wards just stunned me as a 6 year old.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Saw the first 3 when they were released. I loved them.

Saw the first of the prequals, I can't even remember it's name. Wasn't my thing anymore.

Love sci-fi films but this just didn't do it. I expected so much more.

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My four year olds jaw hit the floor when the ship flew over head and I was watching him more than the film as it went on!

It's the first live action film he has sat through and I was a tad worried that he might be too young four it (he's 5 next month).

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I went to The George cinema in Bellshill to see the 1st one and remember seeing The Empire Strikes Back in London when my dad was working down there.

I did go and see The Phantom Menace but that was enough for me.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I saw the first one at Gerrards Cross Cinema in 1978 on its release. Saw the Empire Strikes back at a drive in in America whilst on holiday when it had just been released then it was back to Gerrards cross for Return of the Jedi.

Blimey GB, we may have been in the same flea-pit all those years ago. GCross was the best nearest cinema.

Saw "Jedi" on holiday in Cornwall - a rainy day and nothing better to do.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I saw S_W the week it came out.

Loved it, but managed to miss the other two on the big screen and remember seeing them on dodgy (not pirate, but poor :)) vhs video in the 80s.

It was something else at the time......for a 7, maybe 8 yr old.

DCB

Visit site
Saw Star Wars at the Odeon in Clerk St in Edinburgh on opening night. Was blown away by the special effects on the big screen.

Seen all six of them now, but the first one was best.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Blimey GB, we may have been in the same flea-pit all those years ago. GCross was the best nearest cinema.

Same for me, used to be a Southerner. Lived inbetween Fulmer and Iver Heath near Pinewood Studios. Went to school in Chalfont St Peter

Saw "Jedi" on holiday in Cornwall - a rainy day and nothing better to do.

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
I saw Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back on video at home, then the parents took me to see Return of the Jedi when it came out in the cinema, I would have been 6 in 1983 !

Not a huge fan of Sci Fi in general, but you've got to love Star Wars.

Who was your favourite character (apart from Princess Leia in that leather bikini outfit )

I was always a fan of Boba Fett, he was my favourite toy figure anyway.

princess_leia_gold_bikini.jpg

Largsgolf1974

Assistant Pro
Visit site
cant remember the exact year (far to long ago) But i first watched them in the 80's at saltcoats cinema...fell in love with the whole idea immediately. My house was full of star wars toys, posters etc.

They actually showed all 3 episodes back to back one sat in the same cinema........I remember taking in a packed lunch etc. Those were the days.

on a seperate note i also remember being in the same cinema watching rocky 4 (versus the russian) and everyone was up shouting "rocky rocky rocky" :eek:

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It is little more than six weeks since my lad saw Star Wars for the first and this past weekend he celebrated his 5th birthday.

Amongst his presents were:

The prequal trilogy
Star Wars Lego for (my) PS3
a Storm Trouper poster
a clone trouper costume
15 star wars figures
a star wars in my pocket key ring
a(nother) lightsabre

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I must have seen Star Wars around the time it first came out but it didn't so much for me that I rushed out to watch the second. I probably waited for that to get to TV.