When did you last play?

Hacky

Visit site
Yesterday in twelve holes of Christmas (nos1-11 & 18) two ball scramble. Very wet underfoot in places until we were half way down eleventh when the heavens opened up and in the space of 5 minutes we watched the green become a swimming pool. Shame as we weren’t doing too bad either. I think that’s my lot for several weeks as I’m fed up with all this rain, though given a week or so I’ll be itching to get back out again.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Can't even remember - and not bothered, the weather is mince, and I've no inclination to play a wet course when it's chucking it down and blowing a gale - course has been closed pretty much since November barring the odd weekend. The youths home course is open, but I'm not paying a green fee for winter greens to go and lake with him. I'll catch up in the better weather.
"Lake" means "play" in this context, in Yorkshire. In case a few did not understand. ;)

D-S

Visit site
I would happily pay a 7 month membership for the price of 9 or 10 months pro rata if winters are going to be like this.
I played 1 18 hole round in December and a couple of unenjoyable 9s as well as 16 holes at a so called links course which in places was wetter than my parkland course and had a trolley ban on the day when mine did not, despite being only 20 miles apart.
I sincerely hope this winter improves otherwise waiverers may well elect not to renew at higher prices and this might spell a rapid end to the COVID golf boom.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played 13 holes today and last Saturday, the rest of the holes are shut due to being waterlogged.

However, I’ve been off work since 23rd and should’ve played 1-2 extra rounds in that time but this weather we’re having put paid to that. Very annoying.

Captain_Black.

Visit site
When did I last play?
Umm, sometime earlier in Dec.
I haven't put a card in since late Sept.
October the rain started & the leaves fell.
Coupled with the overly long rough, the course has been horrendous.

Now, the fairways are like the 1st cut.
The rest of the course is a swamp with varying length of unplayable length grass.
Some of the more boggy area's, you can sink down to your ankle (I'm not joking)
Now they are forecasting a cold snap coming in.
I'm resigned to not playing again until March or April.
A 12 month membership, but in reality it's only playable March - Oct.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have managed to a few times this month, only done one full 18 though, when I got signed in at Stockport, managed 12 on Boxing Day and 9 yesterday, but our course is very wet and it doesn't tale much additional rain to close it

Albo

Visit site
18 yesterday and 9 this afternoon.
Course is a complete bog though. Today was on winter greens had the course to myself but was bitterly cold and windy

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
11 November for me, still nursing a dodgy left knee after being taken out during a walking football session….and I’m not talking drinks.

Getting there but will be another couple of weeks at least.

The only saving grace is the weather has been shocking, so haven’t missed much at all 👍

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Where do you play?

I’m up in the northwest these days but do travel down your way when I’m visiting family. I’ve played Kilworth Springs in winter and it generally holds up pretty well from memory - how’s it coping with all this rain?