WHCS and Stableford

balaclava

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have two (mens) tees on the box (white and yellow) and there are two measured courses (white and yellow).
Under the WHCS:
1. How would we calculate handicaps played off the forward (yellow) tees?
2. How would we calculate handicaps for Stableford competitions

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Depending on your ISV the simplest method is to look at your handicap on your handicap record where you play it should show Handicap Index, Course Handicap and Playing Handicap.

The 2nd simplest method is to look at the tables that should be displayed close to the first tee and take 95% of the figure for Course Handicap.

If you want to go the bother of actually calculating it then it is

Slope index divided by 113 multiplied by Handicap Index times 95%.

The 95% assumes you mean a singles comp.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Depending on your ISV the simplest method is to look at your handicap on your handicap record where you play it should show Handicap Index, Course Handicap and Playing Handicap.

The 2nd simplest method is to look at the tables that should be displayed close to the first tee and take 95% of the figure for Course Handicap.

Don't forget to round up or down before the 95%, unless playing in Scotland

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

The OP's other postings suggest that he might be a nomad rather than a club golfer with a WHS handicap. I may be mistaken - have been before.

balaclava

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The OP's other postings suggest that he might be a nomad rather than a club golfer with a WHS handicap. I may be mistaken - have been before.

I'm a member of a regular members club which has been measured and rated by the WHCS in the same way as others. The reason I ask the question is because I am exploring the idea of running a Super Seniors' (over 65's) handicap qualifying competition. If we get that up and running I would hope that the cards could be put into the IG system like all other comp cards, that said, initially it may be that they go in as 'supplementary cards,' My question should have been . . . .

We have two (men's) tees on the box (white and yellow) and there are two measured courses (white and yellow).
Under the WHCS:
1. Can we play a HC qualifying comp off the forward (yellow) tees and would the IG golf system take that card?
2. Can we play a Stableford competition of the forward (yellow) tees and would the IG golf system take that card?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm a member of a regular members club which has been measured and rated by the WHCS in the same way as others. The reason I ask the question is because I am exploring the idea of running a Super Seniors' (over 65's) handicap qualifying competition. If we get that up and running I would hope that the cards could be put into the IG system like all other comp cards, that said, initially it may be that they go in as 'supplementary cards,' My question should have been . . . .

We have two (men's) tees on the box (white and yellow) and there are two measured courses (white and yellow).
Under the WHCS:
1. Can we play a HC qualifying comp off the forward (yellow) tees and would the IG golf system take that card?
2. Can we play a Stableford competition of the forward (yellow) tees and would the IG golf system take that card?

It’s a measured, rated course.

so yes.

wjemather

Visit site

Under the WHCS:
You can play qualifying competitions from any tees rated for that gender. Note, that the rules of golf must be adhered to in order to be qualifying for handicapping. You may wish to contact your competition secretary to have these comps setup in IG, otherwise (as you say) the scores would need to be posted as casual/general play.