whats your day job?

DappaDonDave

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Full time lazy git :eek:

Managed some restaurants then had a couple of my own businesses (shop and property maintenance) before setting up stall as a web designer and guru of SEO.. now I sit on my ass making a residual income from my 'getting outdated fast' website network... whilst looking after the kids... still do a bit of casual property maintenance stuff if/when I feel like it.

Are you not able to use indeed.co.uk to add job vacancies to your site...

I must say..it is a little swamped with external adverts.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I work for a shipping company. I manage 10 ships that trade from North Europe and the Med to West Africa. They load everything from cars and containers to trains, planes and other heavy cargo. It an interesting job which keeps me on my toes. They also bring back a lot of cocoa beans for the chocolate companies!

Hello Syr, which company?

I am the parts manager for an independent international company that supplies turbochargers to ships, rail and power plants. ABB, Napier, MAN, Mitsubishi, KBB and PBS turbochargers, if you need anything quoting for.

I could also take you out on a golf day, if you would allow me a visit.

Special discounts will apply for any other GM forummers.

Sorry, we dont do cars turbochargers, but I can tell you where you can get them a lot cheaper than the local car dealership.

jasondransfieldgolf

Challenge Tour Pro
jasondransfieldgolf.wordpress.com
I'm a Professional Golfer and love every minute of it. The hard part is gaining sponsorship to be able to play all the tournaments I can, get the equipment I need and any have coaching. So if anyone would like to have their company logo on my clothing or bag, please get in touch.

wolfie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm a day trader. Love it and would recommend it to anyone. Doesn't permit me to play golf as much as I would like during the week but hey, we all have to work.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm a Toolmaker by trade, but set up my own Precision Engineering company in 1993 when I moved down to devon. A dying trade as lots of maufacturing is now going out to China......cheers Murph. :angry: ;)

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Research Scientist for a small company who make environmentally friendly pest management solutions.

I am also the quality control and research analyst.

Looks like I am the only scientist on these forums but not the only one who spends their day in a lab!

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Work in corporate sales for BT.

Basically try and flog stuff and get moaned at because someone has 30 people connected to a broadband and it's running slow.:mad:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
far from a wizard but some folk do expect miracles, shame they are 7km from the exchange but insist they were told they could get 20mb bband :p

at which point I inform them its 'upto' 20 mb and really pee them off lol

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
at which point I inform them its 'upto' 20 mb and really pee them off lol

Not really a laughing matter G1BB0, particularly if you are one of those deceived by this dubious form of advertising. Why don't all the companies using a BT line for their broadband come clean and tell the truth that would apply to the majority of customers?

Tell us (if you dare). What %age of broadband users using a BT line actually get 20mb when they have been told that they will get "up to 20 mb".

Come on, I dare you to tell the truth - or is it more than your job's worth?

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not really a laughing matter G1BB0, particularly if you are one of those deceived by this dubious form of advertising. Why don't all the companies using a BT line for their broadband come clean and tell the truth that would apply to the majority of customers?

Tell us (if you dare). What %age of broadband users using a BT line actually get 20mb when they have been told that they will get "up to 20 mb".

Come on, I dare you to tell the truth - or is it more than your job's worth?

Don't know the percentage but look at it this way.

We have to provide a service across the country using a technology that is already on it's way out to literally millions of people.

If you live in a rural area with little infrastructure you'll get a slow service, if we upgrade the infrastructure you'll get a quicker service at a vastly increased price.

The infrastructure was put in place well before the internet was even thought about.