whats your day job?

mouth

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Lay asphalt Driveways all over the uk, sell breed and break in horses. Deal in scrap (thats wanted) and batteries & floor paints. Fit upvc guttering & fascia's.
In other words full time rogue.;)

On a serious note, I run our Family Coach & Bus Operation.
In October 2011 Voted the Best Small Bus Company in the UK. One of the proudest nights of my life, we always believed but to be recognised nationally as the best is pretty special.

If you ever need any (bus) drivers give me a call.............

I'm a bus driver which I have been doing for just over a year now and love every minute of my job. I almost wish I'd started it before but I get the feeling that I wouldn't have appreciated it before now.

inthecup

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I run a small building company in Glasgow. It's good being the boss, means I can disappear in the afternoon to play golf while someone else is making me money.

If anyones looking for a joiner / builder in the area let me know. 1% discount for forum members.

Iaing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Development Engineer with a textile manufacturer making traditional cotton lace curtains. In the last 15 years we've also started making cloth backdrops for the theatre market. As we're the only company in the world who can weave up to 12 metres wide, we're the sole suppliers to the world's major theatres.

Slicer30

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Systems integration Engineer working in the IPTV, VOD and Digital TV industry.

Worse jobs I guess, get to have a TV/STB on my desk at all times to ensure good quality etc etc. Handy when the golf is on.

paul1874

Club Champion
Visit site
Site Leader for Honeywell Aerospace's Regional Distribution Centre. We supply Mechanical & Avionics products to the Air Transport & Regional, Business & General Aviation and Defence & Space sectors. We support Europe, Middle East & Africa & the Asia Pacific regions.

Used to be an RAF engineer working on Harriers, Phantoms, Vulcans & Tornado's engines and systems. Left the RAF as a CAA licensed Engineer and worked in commercial Aerospace on the Bae 146 engines for 13 years before becoming a Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply.[/QUOTE

Just a storeman Rick

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Denham... Is that Deluxe? Yeah I still load 35mm, past few jobs have been on film, however a lot of it is digital! How did you deal with the chemical induced headaches?! Every time I spent time in a lab I had a pounding headache!!

Yep, was at Deluxe for last five years... Technicolor for previous twenty... Suppose I've got immune to the chemical 'fumes'... Was a lot worse in the 'bad old days' when some of the processes were a bit 'dodgy' H+S wise...

Still think film gives a better 'experience' on the 'big screen'... Digi is fine for the 'box' or if doing a 'straight to DVD' production...

fat-tiger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
time served joiner but when that went up the wall 11 yrs ago got onto the railways as a signaller, shift work so great for golf,

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Plant Operator with one of Scotland's largest plant fleets. Operate anything from a 3 tonne "Fanny Scratcher" to 45 tonne Hyundai we have.

Bulk earth moving, deep drainage, demolition, new house builds all in a days work.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Full time lazy git :eek:

Managed some restaurants then had a couple of my own businesses (shop and property maintenance) before setting up stall as a web designer and guru of SEO.. now I sit on my ass making a residual income from my 'getting outdated fast' website network... whilst looking after the kids... still do a bit of casual property maintenance stuff if/when I feel like it.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Group IT manager for a family owned group of manufacturing comapanies. Main one is beer tubing, others include caterpillar track and digger bucket manufacturers (big business at the moment) and another does hospital stationery and printed card products. It keeps my wife in shoes and handbags.

What buckets Brendy? Geith?

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Full time professional panel beater.....And i know there are piles around but to find a good one is hard...Thats where i come in handy:)
I took on an apprenticeship at 27 and while i was doing this i also worked 6 nights a week as a night club bouncer....It was bloody hard going doing the 2 jobs at the same time but it had to be done as the apprentice wages were crap at the time.....10 years on and the door work is gone so i now have the 1 job with a decent enough wage.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately I've been largely unemployed since March 2009!
My brother & I sold our motor vehicle business back then, but, after a year of holidays & general self-indulgence I realised how quickly money evaporates.
Last year I entered the world of 'property developement', bought a flat, did it up & sold it for an acceptable profit. The sale went through in January, hence the new shinies as a pressie to myself.
I'm desperately looking for another property as I hate doing nowt. I also hate seeing my wife work bloody hard.............when I'm not!
So......no day job at the moment................and I HATE it.

Slime.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Architectural Technologist, is my fancy title. Doing drawings for Planning Applications and Building Warrant and offering building advice is a description of what I do. Mostly enjoy it as two days are rarely the same. Will beat "in the cup's offer " and say 2.5% disc for forummers lol.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Architectural Technologist, is my fancy title. Doing drawings for Planning Applications and Building Warrant and offering building advice is a description of what I do. Mostly enjoy it as two days are rarely the same. Will beat "in the cup's offer " and say 25% disc for forummers lol.

25%, that's very generous, might have to build a house in Scotland!