whats your day job?

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
so obviously we would all like to play golf for a living if we was good enough but for many its a dream that wont ever be.
Just wondering what you do for a job to pay for this lovely hobby.

I work for the water board. Basically digging holes for a living and repaing burst water pipes and also doing new connections for new build etc. Worlds best job in the summer not the best this time of year as the water is stupidly cold.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I work for an IT distributor selling data centre solutions, so if anyone is in this line of work, message me or some corporate golf!

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
I'm Head of Volunteering for a large national children's charity so if anyone wants to donate or organise a charity golf day and make the world a better place you know where I am... ;)

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm a project assistant for the NHS. I am part of the team that creates equipment lists, specifications, procurement of, delivery and commissioning of new kit for new build and refurbished hospitals.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I design electrical accessories for manufacture in china for a smallish company based in north London. Hence I am back to china for a week at the end of the month. That'll be fun then, a week of food poisoning to look forward to.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Research and development for one of the biggest stairift companies in the world, producing around 1000 stairlifts per week. We also manufacture electric motors for Hill Billy and Stewart Golf, motors for pumps, fans, air conditioning units and more.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I was a Bank Manager with Barclays till 1996
Then a Professional House Husband till 2001
Self Employed Computer Engineer and Hero since then

What a varied lot we are

Fragger

PS I wont mention my stint at the Body Paint Studio :-0

DCB

Visit site
I work within Property & Facilities for a Trust that runs the Leisure Facilities in Edinburgh. Main task is project work for M&E services.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I design commercial kitchens as well as advise on improving the performance and profitability of catering services in any situation such as offices, Colleges, hospitals, hotels....golf clubs etc etc

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am a telephone engineer for BT Openreach (I await mucho flack lol), I do overhead, underground, business, residential and broadband... soon to be fibre aswell, its an ok job, money is mediocre but the hrs are pretty darn good.

before that I was a server admin for fujitsu and before that I was a chef for 13 years

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
For the past 20 years I managed Sales & Logistics for a precast concrete manufacturer. Reduced to a 3 day week a few years back and now I just work on a Monday :) Role is now more a font of all knowledge as I've been there so long and project work as required. Keeps me in golf lessons!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Recruitment Administrator for an NHS Foundation Trust, mainly responsible for cardiology, renal, elderly care and Berkshire Cancer Centre staff. Been her enearly five years so it can't be all bad. Flexi time means half or full days once a month for golf. Get to look after lots of lovely young nurses as they go through the recruitment process so it has its good day even if it is getting to the point where I'm old enough to be their dad (bad times)