whats your day job?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Want to get on the rails myself. Guessing from your username you drive the pendolino? my dad was involved in building the prototype many years ago.

Yep, amongst other traction (voyagers and pendos mostly tho). Good luck with getting on - we've hardly hired anyone for the last 7 years and that doesn't seem likely to change in the near future. Best bet is London commuter stuff. Try this link for info http://www.traindriver.org/index.html

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Don't know the percentage but look at it this way.

We have to provide a service across the country using a technology that is already on it's way out to literally millions of people.

If you live in a rural area with little infrastructure you'll get a slow service, if we upgrade the infrastructure you'll get a quicker service at a vastly increased price.

The infrastructure was put in place well before the internet was even thought about.

In a way you are helping make my point that semantics are being used to mis-sell a service. I live in south London, fairly close to an upgraded exchange and I'm usually getting under 10 mb and being sold "up to 20 mb".

This is an open question to anyone in the telecoms industry who might know. What percentage are getting near say 18 - 20 mb?

swanny32

Journeyman Pro
Tiptree, Essex - Where they make the Jam!
www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk
Run my own inventory business out of my sons bedroom!

Basically, I go into properties due to be rented out and conduct a full schedule of condition on anything and everything so that when the tenants eventually move out there can be no grey areas as to what the condition of the property was like before they moved in. Pretty boring, sick to death of it, very time consuming and a million miles away from the sports journalist career I longed to have as a child/teenager.

mouth

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yep, amongst other traction (voyagers and pendos mostly tho). Good luck with getting on - we've hardly hired anyone for the last 7 years and that doesn't seem likely to change in the near future. Best bet is London commuter stuff. Try this link for info http://www.traindriver.org/index.html

This is something I'm discovering. It seems that most of the passenger rail companies recruit from within so I might have to do it the hard way starting as a train manager or something. My many years of working in fast food and restaurant kitchens will stand me in good stead in my quest of becoming a train driver.......