whats your day job?

Yer Maw

Head Pro
Visit site
That is two different things. Asking what someone does for a living is general polite conversation. What someone earns is no one elses business.

Can't understand what the problem is with knowing what someone does for a living. Might just come in handy if you are looking for someone in that profession. At my club I have used the services of at least three members, who I wouldn't have if I didn't know what they did.

Personally never judge someone by what they do, and certainly not by what they earn.

I agree it is polite conversation when perhaps out on the course or at the pub etc. with someone new. But on a golf forum (or any online forum) I'm happy to stick with golf chat. However it is good to see a healthy broad range of occupations that makes great marketing info for Golf Monthly!

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree it is polite conversation when perhaps out on the course or at the pub etc. with someone new. But on a golf forum (or any online forum) I'm happy to stick with golf chat. However it is good to see a healthy broad range of occupations that makes great marketing info for Golf Monthly!

So you would tell some one you dont know in a pub or on the course what you do but not on the forum ? whats the difference ? As for marketing info for golf monthly, with the relationship the forumers have with the guys at GM they would get as many if not more replys if they did ask .. but they would straight up tell us what they were doing & why .. I supose if i did want to know i could always do as you say & check your profile, but been honest if you dont wana say then i wouldnt think it bothers anyone, its totaly up to you whether you wana tell people or not ... just tell me tho does it say....................

Yer Maw .. occupation ... international man of mystery :D:D

Yer Maw

Head Pro
Visit site
If it helps I used to work for Everton in the days of Duncan Disorderly and still support them. Also managed to brainwash my son enough for him to be really pleased at getting an Everton top for xmas :thup:

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
If it helps I used to work for Everton in the days of Duncan Disorderly and still support them. Also managed to brainwash my son enough for him to be really pleased at getting an Everton top for xmas :thup:

Feel the loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee coming your way .. our loyal leader Mike H is a blue aswell .. there are a few of us here ...

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am the sales manager for Scotland and the Islands for Stihl/Viking. I love the job but it has come at a price with me having to give up my golf membership because I only played 5 times last year. I spend my time covering the country talking about chainsaws ... it's hardly work is it.
Oh, and I am off to Germany on Monday for 4 days with some dealer to eat drink and be merry.

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
I am the sales manager for Scotland and the Islands for Stihl/Viking. I love the job but it has come at a price with me having to give up my golf membership because I only played 5 times last year. I spend my time covering the country talking about chainsaws ... it's hardly work is it.
Oh, and I am off to Germany on Monday for 4 days with some dealer to eat drink and be merry.

Pop in and see me then! We sell tons of the things...

Rodders

Medal Winner
Visit site
Air Traffic Engineer, fix radars, navigation, and landing systems. Also fix Air Traffic Control Communication systems, don't work at a major airport but on an Army Air Corp station in Suffolk that flies the Apache heliopter.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Blimey, it's not like he's asking how long your **** is :D

D

Deleted member 1740

Air Traffic Engineer, fix radars, navigation, and landing systems. Also fix Air Traffic Control Communication systems, don't work at a major airport but on an Army Air Corp station in Suffolk that flies the Apache heliopter.

Sounds like a boss job that Rodders.

I'm a gas engineer/ plumber and I do a lot of social housing refurb work.

Work in some bad dives like but it pays the mortgage!

V

vkurup

Business and IT consultant in a 'Big 4' audit company in London. I guess we are just above Bankers and Utility companies in the hate brigade. But my golf rebalances the equilibrium - you are likely to win..