What's you club most famous for...

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Mr Sullivan is an honorary member but then he has a few these days. Nuneaton + Stratford on Avon added in 2017

Nothing else ever happened before or after 🤔

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nothing really that I can think of apart from having a former British Amateur champion that played in the Masters with Nick Faldo (defending champion) and Tiger Woods (US amateur champion). We also have the fantastic par 4 7th hole that nobody has worked out how to play properly.

Oh......and we are also the best course in Dorset :cool:
Have you moved to ferndown Gordon ;)?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Mr Sullivan is an honorary member but then he has a few these days. Nuneaton + Stratford on Avon added in 2017

Nothing else ever happened before or after 🤔

He's been at Nuneaton since, we'll forever!

He's renting a house in Stratford currently and is best mates with Fred so Stratford is a no brainer for him.

Where/what is your club?

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
WGCGC

Where Nick Faldo started and was a member for a good few years, more recently (he's a member now) we have Tom Lewis, Walker Cup player and winner of the Portugese Open. Most importantly awesome bacon rolls at the halfway hut.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We used to be an Open Qualifying venue, the course is designed by Harry Colt and we currently host one of the Premier Amateur events in the country. Not sure if that makes us famous?

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
WGCGC

Where Nick Faldo started and was a member for a good few years, more recently (he's a member now) we have Tom Lewis, Walker Cup player and winner of the Portugese Open. Most importantly awesome bacon rolls at the halfway hut.

AND where I recently took paperboys pound note

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This doesn't make us famous but I asked at the weekend why the medal comp was called the Bing Crosbie Medal and apparently, he used to play the course a lot and nearly bought it once. Hempsted Forest GC, noe Cranbrook GC in Kent.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Bobby Locke was a member back in the day - and story goes that our track was the first in the UK that a very young Gary Player played - with Bobby Locke - when Player first came to the UK. We certainly have photos of the young Player with Locke on the first tee.

And we are a James Braid course

Last edited:

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
My club Brancepeth Castle has a hole that was once voted the Hardest 9th Hole Par 3 in the World.

So of all the par 3s that are on the 9th hole - ours is the toughest!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Forgot to mention - we also hold the world record for the faster round of golf played by a team (of unlimited numbers of golfers) - at least we did when we set the record back in June 2015 when the record did not previously exist. My part was to hit the 2nd shot into our par 4 10th (a hole I more often than not mess up the 2nd shot on). I hit it to 3ft and we holed the putt :)

http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/features/the-game/golf-world-records-94844

Last edited:

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
He's played at Maxstoke, Purely chase pre Nuneaton, he's earned the right to plays where he fancies tbh 👏 -10 for fun last year round Ncc #EasyGame

Me Nuneaton but on hold currently.
He's been at Nuneaton since, we'll forever!

He's renting a house in Stratford currently and is best mates with Fred so Stratford is a no brainer for him.

Where/what is your club?