What's the worst visitor behaviour you have witnessed at your club?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
As not to hijack the other tread, i though i would ask the same question of club members and what sort of behaviour they have seen visitors?

I ve seen two guys in a buggy when i was a Tain member run over a big sign in the middle of a path saying "no buggies this way" it got stuck on it and the post is still broken to this day.

We have a big sign next to the practice putting green saying no chipping, yet you see visitors pretty much every week next to the sign chipping onto it. In fact last week some American Women were practice chipping onto the 18th green!!!!

Guys walking past two signs saying " no golf spikes in the Lounge" which you can not miss, with spikes on and going in said lounge, even though we have a clearly marked bar that you can wear what you like.

And my favourite, while playing in the county championships last year and putting out on the 18th green, two American visitors walking across the middle of the 18th green to get to the practice ground...

To name just a few.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
during summer i witnessed not one but two visitors in the bar asking for a slice of lemon in their G & Ts!!!!!!!!! its meant to be lime for goodness sake. i nearly spilt my pimms running to tell the captain.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
during summer i witnessed not one but two visitors in the bar asking for a slice of lemon in their G & Ts!!!!!!!!! its meant to be lime for goodness sake. i nearly spilt my pimms running to tell the captain.

more precisely it shouldn't be a slice at all; piece of peel, no pith, twisted once to release the oil..........lemon or lime to individual preference :thup:

however I do agree that it's probably one of the biggest issues at a modern club :whistle:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
more precisely it shouldn't be a slice at all; piece of peel, no pith, twisted once to release the oil..........lemon or lime to individual preference :thup:

however I do agree that it's probably one of the biggest issues at a modern club :whistle:

I've gone all Latin and prefer a Lime wedge in mine. The wedge should be crushed gently to release the juice, then dropped softly into the mix. This should preferably be done by a smiling young lady who holds your attention with a dazzling smile with the merest hint of naughtiness....;)

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not my club but I was at a charity day with my old company at Studley Wood a few years back. It was a very wet day yet we still had buggies. I was with my then boss and two directors. My boss started the day by doing donuts in the middle of the fairway, he then drove the buggy as far into the woods/wet/mud as he could before the buggy got stuck, then wheel span/burn out. He swapped everyone's clubs from bag to bag, mowed down any repair pitch mark signs he could... the rest I have blocked out but its fair to say that by the end our group of 4 was 2 groups of 2 as I could not be with him.

It was the beginning of the end and not long after I move on to another company. My new boss`s parents own a golf club so I cant see the same happening....

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Saw a very pleasant lady visitor come into the clubhouse wearing a skirt with hemline that was more than 6" above the top of the knee. Really unfair and just not on.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I once found 2 beer cans on the green from the group in front, which was absolutely ridiculous, as there's a bin on the next tee, which you can see from the green. Then found another a little more subtly dumped by a tree on the next. I don't necessarily mind people having a drink as they go round, but at least put your cans in the bin. Some people just have no respect for the course.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have seen a guy take a divot out of a green with a wedge before.

Another good one was the guy who wheeled his trolley across every green he would even wheel it across the green to pop the flag back in after they had holed out

These both occurred at a previous club of mine

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I did see a certain magazine editor on Monday not only tutt, by also sigh after a particularly poor tee shot!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Saw a guy stand on the first tee of a well known and prestigious course in front of everyone assembled and take four practice swings and remove four huge divots with his driver. The inhaling of breath by the masses nearly hovered the divots off the tee but this bloke was oblivious and merely proceeded to hit his driver (at 45 degrees along the ground) and trundled off on his merry way