What would you putt with if you broke your putter?

D

Deleted member 29109

Probably my 17 degree hybrid. I use it quite often for chipping with anyway.

Given I have to buy my putters I probably won't be snapping one, despite how tempting it may be at times.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A wedge. I’ve used the leading edge many times. The shaft length makes it easier to get over the ball. Hit mid ball it runs really well.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hybrid I think. Driver or woods are just a bit too long. Trying to blade a wedge I wouldn't be confident of striking it right on the equator of the ball to get the roll. So a hybrid would be the safest bet.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Never actually had the problem but have thought about it before playing a 3 club comp.

Ended up using a putter as I was pretty crap without one on the practice green.

Long long putts I'd use a hybrid and closer in I'd use the leading edge of a wedge.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I have very decent chip and run game with an 8i and would give that a go. The woods and hybrids feel to flexible with the carbon shafts.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'd kick off more about breaking my putter than golf - seems when you don't pay for them and can get another it's fair game to break them. But if I was that stupid and broke my putter I'd use my 18º hybrid I suppose.

Boomy

Visit site
Will he get a warning or fine for that? Pretty sure he’ll of gauged a big hole where smashed his putter down!

I’ve managed 1000’s of rounds without deliberately smashing or bending a club so I’ll stick with my putter for putts... although if something accidentally happened I think I’d try using my 19deg hybrid.

Mandofred

Visit site
I've thought about this a few times before a 3 club and a putter comp. I think it should be a 3 club comp.....it becomes more interesting that way since a lot of people (including me) wouldn't use the putter if I only had 3 total clubs. I'd use the hybrid to putt with. I've certainly seen people using the edge of the wedge though.....but the chance for a crap hit is higher, at least for me it would.

D

Deleted member 3432

I'd be apologizing ro my playing partners and heading home. Not going to be bothering with golf if it was making me that angry.

Last edited by a moderator:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wedge. I practice with one for putting a lot, teaches you to it a smooth stroke.

Pity that Kim did not know the rules he could have carried on using the putter. Mind you he did not do that badly with the 3 wood.