What would be your fifteenth club?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A Chipper of course.!
Seriously I think 14 is to many.
I have been carrying half a set sometimes odd irons sometimes even irons.
Even suit the par 3s at the moment
I have played some really good golf because I have had to think and manufacture more shots.

If I had to.
a 1iron I think used to hit my Mizuno one really good, but that was 30yrs ago.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
It would definitely be at the top of the bag, either a strong 13* 3w or a hybrid that could offer a similar distance, although I’m not very consistent with hybrids.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
If I had to.
a 1iron I think used to hit my Mizuno one really good, but that was 30yrs ago.

The new specialty driving irons are infinitely easier to hit than old blade 1-irons.

Some people started using a 1-iron for the first time when the Ping Eye 2 came out. They'd use the Ping 1-iron with their other brand clubs.
I did something similar with a Wilson 1200 Gear Effect 1-iron. It was much easier to launch than a butter-knife 1-iron.
Then came the specialty driving irons which were even less demanding.
I would say that the Mizuno Fli Hi led the way although a JDM model, the PRGE 200i, was quite hot for a while.

I've now got an Epon driving iron that I can launch even now as a decrepit fossil. It's an ugly line drive but it's straight, lands hot, and rolls.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The new specialty driving irons are infinitely easier to hit than old blade 1-irons.

Some people started using a 1-iron for the first time when the Ping Eye 2 came out. They'd use the Ping 1-iron with their other brand clubs.
I did something similar with a Wilson 1200 Gear Effect 1-iron. It was much easier to launch than a butter-knife 1-iron.
Then came the specialty driving irons which were even less demanding.
I would say that the Mizuno Fli Hi led the way although a JDM model, the PRGE 200i, was quite hot for a while.

I've now got an Epon driving iron that I can launch even now as a decrepit fossil. It's an ugly line drive but it's straight, lands hot, and rolls.
Yes I now have a ping G400 19*:crossover it’s a beast.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Given that I'm looking to add a driving iron before this summer, I'll say driving iron. In reality that will most likely replace the 3 wood though (provided I can find a DI I can hit...) - and really I think I'm covered and would never need 15 clubs. @SwingsitlikeHogan 's idea of shoving a lefty club in there is genius though.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Given that I'm looking to add a driving iron before this summer, I'll say driving iron. In reality that will most likely replace the 3 wood though (provided I can find a DI I can hit...) - and really I think I'm covered and would never need 15 clubs. @SwingsitlikeHogan 's idea of shoving a lefty club in there is genius though.

Left handed club is all well and good until you try it. Haha

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Many years ago I used to carry a R/H 7 iron - mainly for the 2nd shot out of the bushes to the right of the 10th at High Elms (yeh. I know. How did I ever get to the right side of the fairway with my "fade"? 'tis the contours of that hole.) Now, if I'm going through one of my "power fade" patches, I'll put a 2 iron in the bag. Great for punching a low runner out of the trees on the left anywhere from 80 - 150 yds with a 30 yd right to left shape. Chip and no more than 2 putts and walk off with a 4 or at most a five.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just seen your videos Gary. Playing as leftie isn't as easy as some people think. We're at a constant disadvantage. Even worse when you are 100% right handed :unsure: